Making an Effect

Feb 5, 2010
Just a question. i searched it but couldnt find one.
But how many of you created an effect or more then one?

i've finished one a few months back. works great. and everyone likes a coin bend.

Im also working on three more im just in the design stage of doing it.

May 3, 2008
I've created a handful. I wouldn't say they're anything revolutionary, but they work for me and are fun to perform. They just happened to pop into my head when I was playing around with a few things.
What's your creative process?

Feb 5, 2010
I've created a handful. I wouldn't say they're anything revolutionary, but they work for me and are fun to perform. They just happened to pop into my head when I was playing around with a few things.
What's your creative process?

It really depends. like for my coin bend effect (i call it indentation) i was just practicing a few coin slights when it came to me.

Another one i thought of was when i was watching Fallen by Danial Garcia. its the same idea using no gimmicks and can be a borrowed deck. but rather then the card being face down i do it face up and the card can be signed if the spectator wants to sign it.

But most of them come to mind when im at work or on the toilet.

I have created a few effects, like 31 or so. all of them are pretty good.

My creative process is based upon my intention. like a few months back, i aimed at creating food related magic. and there were awesome ideas naturally coming to me.

Another advice is: Release your effect when you have done it tooo many times and are now feeling bored with it. Use it first;) then let them use it:D

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I have created some interesting things...I agree about the advice of use it until you get bored and then let them use it

my creative process is very simple...first I get the name...then the effect

Dissolution
Son of a Thief
Sure?
Taste
King Of Nowhere
Now...Where...?

names like that create awesome tricks

Feb 5, 2010
Release your effect when you have done it tooo many times and are now feeling bored with it. Use it first;) then let them use it:D

i do agree with that. im planing on releasing my first effect soon. im just deciding if i should do it myself or submit it to E or T11, and if i do release it myself ill have to decide if i should have it as a video or a PDF E-book.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
speaking of which...did you like SURE?

Sure is awesome.

I have made and actually use 5 effects a 3 card monte routine in which the ace moves from place to place and you dont touch the cards, a caught sandwich routine, where the selected card is put anywhere in the deck then found in between 2 kings, and some others.
I dont plan to ever sell anything. For now.

Feb 5, 2010
speaking of which...did you like SURE?

I do like it. I've been practicing it. I just haven't had time to do the trick yet. but the handling I like. So from a handling stand point i love the trick. ill message you when i perform it a few times to tell you about it.

May 3, 2008
I have created a few effects, like 31 or so. all of them are pretty good.

My creative process is based upon my intention. like a few months back, i aimed at creating food related magic. and there were awesome ideas naturally coming to me.

Another advice is: Release your effect when you have done it tooo many times and are now feeling bored with it. Use it first;) then let them use it:D
I have the same creative process. I came up with most of my stuff when I set a goal in my head. For example, I tried to come up with a bunch of material using the stuff that are ALWAYS in my pockets: my wallet and my cell phone. If I had absolutely nothing else, nothing to borrow, I could still do magic. I came up with a ton of cool ideas from it.

Just a question. i searched it but couldnt find one.
But how many of you created an effect or more then one?

i've finished one a few months back. works great. and everyone likes a coin bend.

Im also working on three more im just in the design stage of doing it.
i have created some....there are only three that i really like, my favorite effect is "PopCorn"

the others include "PIERCED" and "Consummated"......

honestly, these effects have been under lengthy, and extensive test....PopCorn is far more battle tested than the others....its a really good kicker....

As for Consummated, its still a work in progress, but i would have to say on the tail end of that process....I did get a good review on my thought process by Doc Eason himself....

Then there's PIERCED, its gonna take a while...

but whatever you do don't rush it if its really good, it can wait and that will give you time to come up with more sick ideas.....

Feb 5, 2010

but whatever you do don't rush it if its really good, it can wait and that will give you time to come up with more sick ideas.....

I usually don't rush the effects. I always do at least 6 months to a year in design and test before i go out and show it to people.
my signature effect Indentation took me about 6 months to design, test, and show people.

I have the same creative process. I came up with most of my stuff when I set a goal in my head. For example, I tried to come up with a bunch of material using the stuff that are ALWAYS in my pockets: my wallet and my cell phone. If I had absolutely nothing else, nothing to borrow, I could still do magic. I came up with a ton of cool ideas from it.

I also once set a goal to create magic with food. gotta biscuit color change, wafer levitation, bread levitation, eaten and restored polo, bitten and restored biscuit, polo through the neck

But the best one:-
a Cookie cutter kind of russian roullete with blade in biscuit (Performed ends up eating the blade and then takes the blade holding biscuit right out of his throat)

It's the goal ;-)

I also once set a goal to create magic with food. gotta biscuit color change, wafer levitation, bread levitation, eaten and restored polo, bitten and restored biscuit, polo through the neck

But the best one:-
a Cookie cutter kind of russian roullete with blade in biscuit (Performed ends up eating the blade and then takes the blade holding biscuit right out of his throat)

It's the goal ;-)
ur joking right????

Feb 5, 2010
indentation, whats that about???? like the name so far....

The basic idea of the trick is i borrow a coin. show it straight. then punch a dent into the coin. then show it with the indentation.

quick and easy to do. and there jaw drops when you hand it to them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results