Making your own Panic gimmick?

Nov 22, 2007
Is it possible to make your own Panic gimmick after inspecting the gimmick and stuff? Or is it some metal piece thingy that is hard to duplicate?

I've heard of people trying to make their own Distortion gimmick, but I haven't heard mcuh about panic.

Dec 5, 2007
Indiana, USA
Here's an idea...buy one for 25 bucks. The artist worked hard to create the product and you should pay for one if you want to perform it.

Sep 3, 2007
Pennsylvania
Is it possible to make your own Panic gimmick after inspecting the gimmick and stuff? Or is it some metal piece thingy that is hard to duplicate?

I've heard of people trying to make their own Distortion gimmick, but I haven't heard mcuh about panic.

It's not as hard to make as something metal, and if you know the right stuff you could probably make one, but I suggest buying the trick. If you eventually lose your gimmick or wreck it somehow, you could make your own, because otherwise you would have to pay another $25 for another gimmick which also comes with the dvd that you would already have. It would be cool if T11 sold Panic Packets that are a bunch of the panic gimmicks. I would definitely buy some. I lost my gimmick last week in all of the Christmas hassle

Sep 1, 2007
austria
well, since i've done it myself i can tell you that it is definetely possible to make your own gimmick once you know what it has to look like, but i HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting the effect here, not only because of all the "support the artist" stuff but because the quality of the original gimmick can NEVER be reached with the diy version, and i can assure you you want the quality of the original on this one.

Sep 1, 2007
Is it possible to make your own Panic gimmick after inspecting the gimmick and stuff?

Yes it is possible, but to make a decent one you would have to put in a lot of effort. I did in fact tried making one, but gave up after making two cards. Aaron said he used his handmade gimmick at first, and says he prefers the machine made ones. Personally, I agree too. I would really recommend just buying refills from T11 if it wears out. However, the gimmick is well made and your first one should last you a long time.

It would be cool if T11 sold Panic Packets that are a bunch of the panic gimmicks. I would definitely buy some. I lost my gimmick last week in all of the Christmas hassle

They do. Send a ticket to the customer support, include your order ID, and request for a new panic gimmick. I believe it costs $7.50.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Here's an idea...buy one for 25 bucks. The artist worked hard to create the product and you should pay for one if you want to perform it.

He never said he's going to duplicate it without buying Panic... he probably doesn't even know what the gimmick is or look like. He probably just wants to know if he can if he breaks it by accident or something.

D

Deleted member 2755

I own Panic, and I personally see no possible way to duplicate the gimmick. I have no clue how anyone else on this forum was able to make a duplicate.

-Doug

For everyone who says that it costs $25 for ana additional gimmick is incorrect.

Simply submit a support ticket with picture proof which you own the DVD, and a single Panic gimmick will run you about $7.95

http://www.theory11.com/support/index.php

But, making your own gimmick would be unethical, and wouldn't nearly be the same quality as the Panic Gimmick sold here. So, just buy the DVD and gimmick, learn how to perform it properly and give the creator the respect he deserves.

-RA69

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Trust me, you could make the gimmick yourself, but you would have to be very commited/skilled to do so. I would recommend just buying Panic, and then purchasing any extras that you may desire.

Simply submit a ticket here and Customer Service will guide you through everything!

EDIT: Looks like RA69 beat me to the link...

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I have no idea how I would make the gimmick for Panic. I'd rather just buy another gimmick for $8 than try to make my own. And if I did make my own, it would look pretty cruddy.
If he was going to buy the DVD, than try to make the gimmick let him. He'll find out how hard it is. I'm just saying, me, $8 dollars is a lot cheaper than the labor.

Nov 22, 2007
For everyone who says that it costs $25 for ana additional gimmick is incorrect.

Simply submit a support ticket with picture proof which you own the DVD, and a single Panic gimmick will run you about $7.95

http://www.theory11.com/support/index.php

But, making your own gimmick would be unethical, and wouldn't nearly be the same quality as the Panic Gimmick sold here. So, just buy the DVD and gimmick, learn how to perform it properly and give the creator the respect he deserves.

-RA69

Hi everyone,

I just started viewing this thread since I made it and to clarify I meant that instead of buying a $8 replacement if it was possible I could make my own. I had no intention to make one without owning the DVD. Thanks to those who answered, and it seems the gimmick would obviously require some craftsmanship. I'm also the kind of person that would buy several replacements at once if I could, so I could store it(Like I buy bricks of cards to store and use when I need).

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Hi everyone,

I just started viewing this thread since I made it and to clarify I meant that instead of buying a $8 replacement if it was possible I could make my own. I had no intention to make one without owning the DVD. Thanks to those who answered, and it seems the gimmick would obviously require some craftsmanship. I'm also the kind of person that would buy several replacements at once if I could, so I could store it(Like I buy bricks of cards to store and use when I need).

Oh, I see know. Unless you have seen the gimmick, and have had time to study it and how it works, it would be pretty hard to make your own.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007

-RA69

I totally agree with giving the creator the respect he deserves, but, if you own Panic, how is making your own gimmick unethical? What if he wanted to make a Guardians gimmick, or a Blue Bicycle deck gimmick? As far as I'm aware, the Panic gimmick only comes in normal bicycle red. Also, maybe he would like to change it up, so that instead of Kings, you'd finish with Aces or something else...like Jokers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results