Manipulation Cards and Powder

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
I've got a little complaint here, one of the first in a while actually. I've started getting into serious card manipulation about 6 months ago. I started off with Dan Sperry's 1-on-1's and finally graduated into the Sheridan Course.

My complaint here is about manipulation cards. When I first bought Dan's one on ones, Theory11 had manipulation cards in stock (both poker and bridge size) along with fanning powder. I went and purchased some manipulation cards last week from T11, and since it didn't post a size of the card I assumed it would be poker size. So I waited, and finally received them in the mail only to find out they're bridge size. This wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't practiced the last 6 months with a regular deck of cards.

Like any other problem, I e-mailed support about it only to receive an e-mail that stated poker sized manipulation cards are harder to find, and the bridge size was most common. They said nothing about the powder (which I asked about). So I take a trip over to Penguin Magic and see that they have poker sized manipulation cards (from the same brand!!) for maybe a dollar more. The brand being "Murphy's Manipulation Cards". So, now I must swallow the $15 bucks I paid for the 'useless' bridge sized cards, and go buy some that are actually comfortable to use.

It's also funny that Dan show's poker sized cards in the 'needed' materials on his first 1-on-1 :p

/end rant.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I bought mine some time ago...now, in the old design of the site, it said that the cards where bridge size...in this new design I don´t see the size they are selling....

maybe they should clarify that...to prevent future misinterpretations..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results