Marlo Tilt vs. Bluff Pass?

Aug 15, 2017
Here is the background...
I don't know (well) EITHER of these moves (mostly because I never needed them?)

But if one could perform both decently well, which would be better?
Something else that has been bothering me since I wanted to learn the bluff pass, is it really helpful when I want to control a card to the top? Or do I have to depend on the other passes for that? Am talking about a card 'quietly' being controlled to the top and no one notices that. Which means using the KM is not an option.

Help with both queries pls?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Here is the background...
I don't know (well) EITHER of these moves (mostly because I never needed them?)

But if one could perform both decently well, which would be better?
Something else that has been bothering me since I wanted to learn the bluff pass, is it really helpful when I want to control a card to the top? Or do I have to depend on the other passes for that? Am talking about a card 'quietly' being controlled to the top and no one notices that. Which means using the KM is not an option.

Help with both queries pls?
1st off, both moves can control the card anywhere EXCEPT for the top and the bottom. But you can do things like a top change or a single card pass to get rid of the top card (though I don't know why you would execute the tilt or the bluff pass in the first place then). Second off, either one is fine. I would learn both,practice both, see which one you like better or which one performs >better, And then really work with it.

I don't know if you saw an earlier post about it, but I went in depth about why I like the bluff pass better (I think it was your thread).

Aug 6, 2017
I would chose bluff pass because it is more natural. No one puts a card into the deck like the marlo tilt. It is helpful to control a card SECOND from the top. Not the top top. You might need to say "watch as it comes to the top" and do a DL then you have it second from top and can do whatever with the extra card on top because they think it is their card.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I would chose bluff pass because it is more natural. No one puts a card into the deck like the marlo tilt. It is helpful to control a card SECOND from the top. Not the top top. You might need to say "watch as it comes to the top" and do a DL then you have it second from top and can do whatever with the extra card on top because they think it is their card.
Not even necessarily the second, I've used it to control cards to the third, multiple to the same spot in the middle, etc.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I use both, I like the bluff pass if I need to control the card to a specific part of the deck.

I use the tilt during my Omni Deck routine.

I prefer other controls for other routines.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results