Marlo's Miracle Change

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So I picked up Ed Marlo's "Revolutionary Card Technique" about a week ago, and have absolutely loved it! I haven't moved through as much as I have wanted to due to school, but I am very intrigued with the Miracle Change. I have tried it out with my friends, just in the middle of conversations, and it gets great reactions. My only concerns are my positioning and angles.

First off, am I positioning it right like this:

Spectator

Card
On
Table
Vertically

Me

Or is that sideways?

Second, Should I drag my hand back on the table once I've copped (is it still a cop?) the card? Or would the angles be fine to jut drop it on the deck?

Thanks!

P.S. For those of you who have the book, does it go in depth on how to successfully perform a side steal? I can't get mine to work properly, but I've never tried to work on it majorly (Always just used a pass and/or top palm).

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
So I picked up Ed Marlo's "Revolutionary Card Technique" about a week ago, and have absolutely loved it! I haven't moved through as much as I have wanted to due to school, but I am very intrigued with the Miracle Change. I have tried it out with my friends, just in the middle of conversations, and it gets great reactions. My only concerns are my positioning and angles.

First off, am I positioning it right like this:

Spectator

Card
On
Table
Vertically

Me

Or is that sideways?

Second, Should I drag my hand back on the table once I've copped (is it still a cop?) the card? Or would the angles be fine to jut drop it on the deck?

Thanks!

P.S. For those of you who have the book, does it go in depth on how to successfully perform a side steal? I can't get mine to work properly, but I've never tried to work on it majorly (Always just used a pass and/or top palm).

Love this book! I also love this change. When I perform the change the card ends up on the table horizontally. My angles are better if I have the back of my hand to the audience.

The best ditch in my opinion is to lap the card. This isn't always possible so I usually transfer the deck from the left to the right hand, placing the card on top or on bottom of the deck. Or you can do what you said. Your angles are fine to drop the card on top of the deck. I'd call it a cop, or some sort of a palm.

I believe it does cover side steals. I need to go pull my copy off the shelf. If I remember right this book covers a couple side steals and a couple multiple shifts but I may be confusing it with another Marlo book.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Just checked it out. There are over 20 side steals taught in the book. TherE are a bunch of multiple shifts too.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results