Martin A. Nash "Throw Cut" / "Snap Cut" Flourish

MatthiasE

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2015
I am a great fan of Martin A. Nash's work and rigth now I am putting together a gambling routine for my private performances.

In his video series "The very best of Martin A. Nash" I stumbled across a flourish, which he calls "Throw Cut" and "Snap Cut":
He holds the deck in straddle grip with his left hand and suddenly the lower part of the deck jumps into his right hand.

This move can be seen on his first DVD from this set at 13m:52s and 45m:16s and on his 5th DVD at 12m:38s and 40m:17s (right after the tabled faro flourish).

Does anyone know how this move is called in the literature and where I can learn it from?

I guess there must be some sort of tension in the deck, but I can not figure out what. To me it does not seem as if he only uses his first finger to throw the lower packet towards him.

Any hint or help is highly appreciated!

@Jason England: may be you can help me out with this, as I recognize you as one of the greatest card mechanics with respect to gambling moves and you are also very familiar with Nash's work?

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

MatthiasE

Elite Member
Jul 26, 2015
Thank you very much for the quick reply! Unfortunately, the title on p262 is right "One-Hand Throw Cut", but the contents is totally different from what Nash does. However, your hint made me browse the book a bit more:

I think I found what I am looking for on p36 in Cardially Yours. In "Marlo's Discoveries", section 5, the "Jump Cut" describes exactly what Martin Nash performs. However, it is not pointed out how the forefinger achieves this rapid movement. Maybe, it is just practice...

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results