Matchless coming soon to the Wire... Really :)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey everyone I just had my effect Matchless approved for release on the Wire. It's been a while in the making and I perform it all the time.

I went out and filmed this with a friend earlier this year but unfortunatley it wasn't right for the Wire because of format problems. It's a shame to have the work go to waste so check it out :)

I plan on releasing it on Friday the 23rd otherwise known as Black Friday :)

[video=youtube;S2yPAd7ptxk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2yPAd7ptxk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Put simply the spectator chooses any match and you proceed to balance the match on your hand. You then cause the match to animate and slowly lie down on your palm.

When performing this they look for the threads but they'll never find a thing. I have to take my ring off when I perform it and I have my hands inspected so they can see that there are no weights, magnets or threads. After every performance I either give the match to the spectator or light it myself to make sure that there is nothing strange about the match.

It's super versatile! You can use any unlit match you want. You can tie it into Dan Hauss' "Unmatched" effect, "Lit" by White and Hauss, you can do the tracking match with the same match you use in "Matchless". If you perform PK silverware, PK touches or spirit writing this is the perfect effect to open with. All you need is a match!

Jan 22, 2012
How much will you be selling this effect? It's seems really cool and neat. What is this bonus routine?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I was planning on selling it for $3.95 but after a lot of discussion with the Wire team we agreed that $1.95 would be very reasonable. So you will be able to get it for $1.95.

I don't want to get too detailed but it can be used in a similar way to Wayne Houchin's Stigmata. It just uses sunglasses instead of blood and is basically impromptu. You could use it to predict a date on a freely selected coin, you could predict the initials of a thought of name, or even a playing card. You don't have to force or glimpse anything yet you are still able to predict numbers letters and symbols.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Here's the official trailer, it will be available on Friday

[video=youtube;QihD7w9c7lM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QihD7w9c7lM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Recently there was a review on my product page that was kind of confusing. I just wanted to clarify so that no one was mislead.

The review goes like this "Sorry, no effect. It's not impromptu at all. Not worth $1.95."

I assume the first part means they don't like the effect, that's fine. And the last part they don't like the price, that's perfectly valid. The part that bothers me is the middle.

It talks about my effect not really being impromptu. This is not true at all, all you need is an unlit match and you're good to go. I highly doubt that the poster of that review purchased the effect. What I love about this is that you could be camping in a nudist colony, someone could hand you a match, totally out of the blue, and you could perform matchless. Skipper, if I misunderstood your review then please chat me or reply to this thread, I'd love to help you out with any problems you might be having.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results