Material

Mar 18, 2009
hey everyone,

i usually always do card magic. ill throw some other stuff like coins in there once in a while, but now i am looking for everyday material. as in ordinary everyday object magic. i would like to start doing this kind of "unprepared" type of magic so that i don't always have to pull out a deck of cards. because lets face it, that can get really boring for spectators. so if anyone knows of any good material on this subject, could you please point me in the right direction.

thanks!

Jul 14, 2008
Hi, magyk11. I am very happy to help you out. I agreed with you that sometimes card effects can be boring, depending on your patter and your style. I suggest you to start working on the Sponge Balls. Trust me, I never thought I would perform, but once I get into the DVD called "30 Tricks with Eddy Ray in Spongeballs" and took it out to the real world, everyone was flipping out. I am planning to buy "Sponge" by Jay Noblezada to improve my vanish.

Here's my advice, buy Sponge by Jay Noblezada.

You could also checked on 1-on-1 on theory11 for rubberbands. I hope everything helps you and best of luck to you.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Just like SKSleightofHand, I am very glad to help you with this one. If you are looking for magic w/ everyday, ordinary objects, get Sankeys Best Magic w/ Ordinary Objects. It's great! I love it, everything in there is what you can really use in real life. It's packed with tons of good stuff!

Cheers,
Casey

Dec 18, 2009
I suggest Organic by Dan and Dave. The book itself is sold out, but it can be purchased as an ebook on their website.

Nov 8, 2007
My advice would be to sit down and write all the effects you can actually perform. Then look at what objects each effect uses, and try to expand from there. I did this a couple years ago and it helped me a lot in diversifying the props I perform with. Now if someone hands me a ring, a cigarette, their watch, a pair of glasses, a coin, a dollar, napkin, matches, sugar packet, etc., etc., I have at least one very strong piece of magic I can perform with that object.

So that's my advice. Write out what you know, think about objects people usually have on them--or objects you are likely to find when you go out--and start researching effects that fit your criteria of needs. What's the best effect you can do with a ring? With a watch? With a dollar? Etc. Keep chipping away at it, and before you know it you'll be doing magic with anything and everything.

Mar 18, 2009
My advice would be to sit down and write all the effects you can actually perform. Then look at what objects each effect uses, and try to expand from there. I did this a couple years ago and it helped me a lot in diversifying the props I perform with. Now if someone hands me a ring, a cigarette, their watch, a pair of glasses, a coin, a dollar, napkin, matches, sugar packet, etc., etc., I have at least one very strong piece of magic I can perform with that object.

So that's my advice. Write out what you know, think about objects people usually have on them--or objects you are likely to find when you go out--and start researching effects that fit your criteria of needs. What's the best effect you can do with a ring? With a watch? With a dollar? Etc. Keep chipping away at it, and before you know it you'll be doing magic with anything and everything.

thanks. yeah i mostly do card effects, so this would be helpful.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results