Math Magic!!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
If you like math, there is a great book by Persi Diaconis called Magical Mathematics. It has mathematical formulas and all.

Nice. I might give it a go...... I've seen it while searching for magic books but never bought it seeing that my math is a bit rusty. Mentally I have to equip myself all over again beginning with addition and building my way back up. Calculation wise I'm alright but when you start concepts(for instance tangent was extremely hard for me to digest back in the SUNY Potsdam days) at me I get lost fast....Never went past Calculus in college. Let me know if I should be alright in picking the book up. :)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'll be honest, the math was well beyond my abilities. There are some good tricks in there, but unless you really like math, there are better books to get.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Nice. I might give it a go...... I've seen it while searching for magic books but never bought it seeing that my math is a bit rusty. Mentally I have to equip myself all over again beginning with addition and building my way back up. Calculation wise I'm alright but when you start concepts(for instance tangent was extremely hard for me to digest back in the SUNY Potsdam days) at me I get lost fast....Never went past Calculus in college. Let me know if I should be alright in picking the book up. :)
You will indeed be able to keep up with the math without recalling all of your lost Calculus knowledge. But as always, take the advice from the poster above me. Pick it up if you like math almost as much as you like magic, like me (Persi Diaconis is my hero). Otherwise keep it on your list for when you have most of the other items and you are looking for a bit of new inspiration.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
You will indeed be able to keep up with the math without recalling all of your lost Calculus knowledge. But as always, take the advice from the poster above me. Pick it up if you like math almost as much as you like magic, like me (Persi Diaconis is my hero). Otherwise keep it on your list for when you have most of the other items and you are looking for a bit of new inspiration.

Makes sense ... Thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results