Matrix Levitation Help

Hey everyone!

My best friend's wedding is coming up soon and I would really like to perform a matrix levitation at it. Unfortunately I have no idea what is the best matrix levitation nor a credible source where to buy it. Can someone please give me guidance on this?

Thanks,
-Tyler

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Apr 18, 2016
USA
I don't know your time frame, but with your engineering background, I'd bet you could build the illusion yourself.

Food for thought

I don't know your time frame, but with your engineering background, I'd bet you could build the illusion yourself.

Food for thought
Unfortunately I don't have the proper tools for building it currently. My preferred method would be with a nail spiked into the ground securely and a lock for that on the bottom of my shoe that would counter balance my weight with a leg harness that locks into place. It's the concept that I think might work but I don't have the time nor knowledge to build such a device right now. I was just trying to find the most practical device that professionals like Justin Willman use. The only thing I can find is a shady Chinese magic shop online.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I haven't seen any of these come up in a long time. It's probably been at least 10 years since I've seen them available in any type of shop. If you do come across one plan on spending over $1000 on an effect that is not self contained. You need control over your environment in order to perform it.

I haven't seen any of these come up in a long time. It's probably been at least 10 years since I've seen them available in any type of shop. If you do come across one plan on spending over $1000 on an effect that is not self contained. You need control over your environment in order to perform it.
Thanks Josh! This actually answers a lot of questions because I can't find them from a reliable distributor anywhere.

I know some magicians have modified skateboards to help them with this effect but when I have tried to contact said magicians they have not responded to any of my messages. The last time I saw this effect being used was at Justin Willman's wedding and on one of Rich Ferguson's magic prank shows on YouTube (can't remember the guy that came up with the skateboard matrix levitation in the video).

It's a shame because visually it's such a cool effect but the price tag attached to it is quite steep. Probably why most magic shops don't carry it anymore.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results