Meaningful Magical Moments

Nov 8, 2007
A few weeks ago I was working a restaurant and I performed Anniversary Waltz for a very sweet and very old couple. I use Garrett Thomas's handling (by far the best handling of the effect), and present the effect more-or-less the same way he does--which is to only do the effect for a married couple, and to tie in the metaphor of two people meeting, falling in love, and becoming one with the fusion of the two signed cards.

Today I got this email from the manager:

Just had a call from a frequent customer that had been in on the night you performed here. She relayed that she and her husband were delighted at the card tricks you did at her table, especially the one where you take both of their signed cards and make them one. After leaving and having a great night they went home, her husband laid down and passed away. Sad... but she says she is always going to cherish the card you gave her.

When I read that it really overwhelmed me. It was very sad, humbling, and powerful feedback to receive; but it really reminded me what a gift magic can be for people, and how strongly it can impact people's lives.

Anyone else have a similar story? What's the most meaningful moment you've created with your magic?

Sep 27, 2010
oh wow thats humbling ur giving her maybe the last thing they enjoyed together that would be an honor for me........but i havent anything close to that.......well i havent had vey many moments in magic becuase im 14 and at school 24/7 but it would be how i used to mess with my 4th grade teacher by doing magic and she could never figure it out and then 2 years later she passed away

hey will u look at my 2 questions magic cafe? and new house tricks

Apr 1, 2009
California
wow. Stories like that make all the hundreds and thousands of dollars we spend on these "silly" toys and pieces of paper, priceless. Magic is such an intimate and personal art that it's success, as most art should be, is defined in moments like this, rather than an on going show on the Vegas strip or even on television. Touching lives.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Wow!! that was a moment to remember...it´s so good you were able to give a great final moment to them...I mean unbeknownst to t them and you...this is we should do magic, giving it a meaning each time we perform...

I am gonna have to think about my meaningful moment for a moment...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results