Media: average acceptance time.

Quick question: I'm new to the forums and wanted to ask:
Last week I submitted my newest street magic video. It said it would be reviewed before being displayed, but it's been almost a week and I've seen numerous videos being posted.
So, were those videos submitted awhile ago and are just *now* being published? Or is there something I did wrong, and my video won't be published.
Thanks

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I'm not positive what is going on but I know of a few artists who have submitted Wire effects over 9 days ago and haven't heard anything good or bad regarding if their submission made it through the acceptance phase.

My guess is that there is a large amount of videos being submitted to the Media Section and the Wire and the turnaround window of 72 hrs. is probably not possible. Just a guess though. I could be completely wrong.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey guys,

While I personally don't deal much with the media section, I do know that it can get behind. It can frequently get backlogged when there are a LOT of submissions to it. I will check into this for you guys and see if we can get things moving a little quicker. I don't want you waiting that long.

Sorry about the delay.

L

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Just checked into this. We try to review and approve or decline all Media videos within 48 hours. At this time, we have no submissions in our media section queue older than 48 hours. We only approve the best of the best, so if you submitted something longer than 48 hours ago and it is not up, it was likely not approved. We do not have a notification system for our Media section that tells you that your video is approved or declined and why.

Reasons that a video may not be approved:
Poor Video Quality
Flashing
Exposure
Inappropriate Language or Content

In addition to these filters, our Media review team will still only post what is, in their opinion, the most impressive submissions. If they feel it is mediocre in any way, it may be declined. I don't have access to specific reasons, but check your submission against all of these. If you can modify it to better fit what I have described, feel free to submit again.

Hope that helps.

L

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2008
Oh, sorry. To the media section of Theory11. Specifically, street magic.

phew....luckily I had you specify because I thought you were talking about the media as far as TV, Radio, Newspaper and things to promote yourself. I was going to type up something very long about getting in contact with the media and the reasons they haven't responded :)

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
It usually depends on the traffic. I once submitted a video like 2 weeks before it was put up there. So don't worry about it too much, but if it's not up much longer, then you can probably assume that they didn't accept it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results