Media not working

Feb 4, 2009
Every time I watch a video in the Media section, the video always cuts out before the video is done. Does anyone else have this problem. So I only get to see about half the video sometimes.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I haven't yet seen this issue or heard any reported issues thereof. Please provide us a bit more detail into how and when this occurs.

What browser (ie, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc) are you using and what operating system (Mac or PC)? Can you link us to a specific video where this occurs?

Sep 18, 2010
I'm using Google Chrome. System- PC. When I press play, vid starts playing but then sometimes it just randomly cuts somewhere and kind of ends. Like for instance this one http://media.theory11.com/4119-Old-Bicycle-Playing-Cards-Commercial I just get "your cards don't cut anymore?" and then BAM it's just a black screen and the bar which shows lenght of the video dissapears just like the video ended but I'm shure it's not. Sometimes I reload page and next time i try to watch it it plays a little bit longer, and sometimes shorter. But not all the videos, sometimes I can see a full vid. Weird stuff.

P.S. while writing it I tryed watching this http://media.theory11.com/4119-Old-Bicycle-Playing-Cards-Commercial again and this time it played till the end.

Feb 4, 2009
When I use Google Chrome it stops in various spots of the video its different every time, but I have no problem when I use Firefox. I guess I'll just use Firefox.

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
I occasionally have this problem in Safari too. I thought maybe it was just my computer. Awesome.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Thank you guys for bringing this to our attention. The specific videos you mentioned are videos hosted by YouTube, not our servers. We simply wrap our player around the YouTube video and it plays from their stream. Accordingly, we have no control over the reliability of those videos - it is dependent on YouTube. That said, if you notice any issues in playback of videos like this, this, or this - those videos are served by theory11 and should load super fast.

Sep 16, 2007
texas
I'd like to ask a few other things about the media section:

Is there a way to look at the same videos by an uploader? I remember there used to be a feature where you could view all of the member's uploads by clicking a button on a video's page, but that's not present anymore.

Also, if the video is hosted on youtube, is there no way to watch on youtube anymore, other than searching for it manually? We're no longer allowed to click the video to be taken to the youtube site itself, which I have wanted to do many times because of the problem stated earlier in the thread.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results