Memory Systems

Feb 6, 2008
hey, i was just wondering if anyone out there is sing or looking into using memory systems, i got started in them a little while ago and was looking to have a discussion and maybe trade tips.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I don't really know what you'd call the system that I know. I learned it from "How to Develop a Perfect Memory" and it's all about associations. I don't know much about the other systems, interested in learning though ;)

Jul 21, 2008
Finland
I have bppk called: "How to develop a superpower memory" I havent read it yet because lack of time. Im not sure what there is but it says that with little bit of time it will give you a very good memory...

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
You should try getting Derren Brown's 'Tricks of the Mind', it teaches you how to memorise the order of the deck. It takes a while, but I think you could get it quite quick with practise. It's also an excellent (and amusing) read.

Feb 6, 2008
umm, i have trinks of the mind, thats where i got my current systems, and i would reccomend it to just aqobut any human to read, especially if you are interested in "mental magic" i started with the systems in 13 steps to mantalism but abandoned them in favor of derren's- because they are more practical and modern. with some dedication (1-3hrs a day) within a week i am able to mamorize a deck of randomly shuffled cards(very exciting) not up to any kind of speed but its the first step. i already have several memory faking routines but am looking ot go legit, at least some of the time.
what i was really looking for is any tips on 'clearing' your system-i.e. after having memorized a deck/list being able to move on to the next one without getting confused.
one thing i found helpful(for the peg linking system) is to line up all my links for numbers and then cards and linking them to the ones next to them- so if i forget the 8C i can remember that there is a cat(7C) and a cog system(9C) and figure out that it is a cash wallet. has helped me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results