Mental Card Force

Nov 26, 2013
I was wondering if someone could give me some good sources to learn mental card forces? I don't care if it is a book, video, ect. Any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Jul 6, 2014
Peter Turner is generally considered a great modern mentalist, at least from what I've seen. His stuff is a bit pricey, but you can youtube him and see if you like it and if it's what you're looking for. Darren Brown is another one to check for. They both have many books and DVDs. Thats one idea, I'm interested to see what people recommend too

Jul 6, 2014
blind deception ,

could you please (without revealing anything) describe the psy force found in freeform mentalism in a bit more detail? I've been considering buying it for a while now and would love to know a little about that particular force

magic swag,

google "freeform mentalism peter turner" and youll find it the DVD he's talking about.

Oct 25, 2010
If you can snag a copy of Psychological Subtleties of any volume and/or Luke Jermay's Building Blocks you may be able to create your own force with some trial and error.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Derren Brown teaches one or two in The Devil's Picturebook - but I no longer know where to find it. The sale page he used to have for it is gone.

Luke Jermay, as previously mentioned has some work on it.

Daniel Madison has a few in Psycho (I think - I have it in Anthology).

The thing to remember here, though, is that even having the exact script will not make this work all that often. You have to develop your own wording, pacing and body language to suit yourself. When you start moving into psychological methods, it's never 100% and it absolutely requires trial and error to develop your own way of making it effective.

Jul 6, 2014
i've always wondered how effective psychological forces truely are. I almost feel like it would require the right type of spectator in addition to some luck. And I assume you always need an out

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
i've always wondered how effective psychological forces truely are. I almost feel like it would require the right type of spectator in addition to some luck. And I assume you always need an out

They can be acceptably reliable. 80% or more, which is more than enough for a mentalist but magicians tend to get skeevy when something isn't 100% sure fire.

You only need an out if failing is a big deal to you.

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
With a quick search on thus forum or the magic cafe you will find TONS of threads about this with a ton of recommendations.
Good luck!

Dec 5, 2013
Boston
Just go into a different affect with the named card. You go through the deck and cull the card or if you are working with a stack you could do any number of things with it. The spectator doesn't know what is going to happen so the trick never fails unless you let it. Many people use in invisible deck as an always-ready-out but I don't think it makes sense to be caring around a bunch of different decks.

Jul 6, 2014
but there are some tricks like double exposure by asi wind where if youre going to do a mental force with it, it's either hit or miss. I suppose theres no easy way out of that, you just take an occasional loss

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results