Mental Card Forces

Sep 2, 2007
buy Daniel Madison's Psycho. I don;t know if it;'s still out.out yet. I havenlt been keeping up with it. but it;s a whole book on psychological forces.

EDIT: it;s not out. but there is a psych force in Daniels TWO lecture notes.

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
force spread

right then this is my idea that i developed my self this is what you do have a force card on top cut the deck so it is in the middle but the portion of the deck on top is sidejogged to the right(holding with left hand) bring the faces of the cards to the spectators eyes and spread though the faces say something like 'you can see they are all different'. when you start to get close to the force card say 'i want you to think of one' time the words to finish when you show the force card. when you reach the card bring your hands down and ask if they got one. normally they say yes. 90+% of the time they will remember the force this is the most fair force i know as far as i know its my creation i hope you have fun with it and i use it everyday.

all it is about is timing if you get that right you have cracked it if you want to see an example here is a effect i use it with sorry for the bad sound quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCKXBIwX21g

kind regards
mAtt

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
I heard this before. Sorry!

I don't remembrwhere exactly, but i'll PM you the knik if I see it again. Good Force though ;) If you'd have to use psycho suggestion, Daniel MAdison's TWO is the best bet, a well as IDentity. Try on of those, they're both full of mentalist effects.

(that is, if you don't want to wait until d+M's book psycho comes out - which could be ANY time)

Daniel Madison's ONE notes have a phych force that hasn't failed me once...nor twice or ever (yet). Additionally wait for Phycho as it's focus I beleive is to be phychological forces/tricks.

~PaCo

Sep 4, 2007
Though all of the above posts recommend Daniel Madison's work for psychological forces I can say from expirience with both artist's work that DM's methodology doesn't compare to Derren Brown's.

For the best and most surefire psychological techniques pick up The Devil's Picturebook from Derren's site directly. He teaches simple and effective techniques that, after actual real world performance expirience, you will hit so often you could call it 100% accurate (not quite though as no psychological techniques are.)

Derren Brown, get what ever material of his you can, lectures, books and all. Daniel Madison's work is hugely inspired by Brown. Something to think about.

urban

He teaches simple and effective techniques that, after actual real world performance expirience, you will hit so often you could call it 100% accurate (not quite though as no psychological techniques are.)

Derren Brown, get what ever material of his you can, lectures, books and all.

I'll second that...man's a genius.

I just bought a shed-load of his tv stuff from iTunes as i was bored the other night when I was supposed to be working. Seen it all before of course, but what the hell...simply watching him perform is engrossing enough, the fact that you can learn so much just by watching him do what he does...is a bonus.

Damn it all to hell...now I'm thinking about watching Messiah again...and I'm supposed to be working...again.

And so the world turns.

Rabid

Sep 2, 2007
London
I started to write a reply but then I realised it would be exposure. PM me if you're interested and I'll let you know where to find this kind of thing and my psychological force technique.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hey dude.
I have a couple of personal psych forces, and there some of the most fun things to create, as they have a lot of flexibility.
If you know anything about Mnemonics you would have a bit of a headstart in creating your own.

CL

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I think a good understanding of why things work and lots of different psyche forces would be useful to you, check out Banachek's Psychological Subtleties or PS2 for some great work on the subject, also Kenton has lots of interesting work on the theories behind these techniques.

D.

Im a bit knowledged about the subject but not so much that i could create my own force. So i thought i would get some good ones here and study them, but thanks Dee ill look in to Knepper and Banachek. I have some work from Knepper but Banachek is another world form me :D

Mikk

Jan 24, 2011
hey this is really good, i've done it a few times. Any way you can give me another link to this? your old one is no longer available. I just want to see how you perform it. thanks

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I'm pretty sure Psycho is still out. I bought it. It's very good. He teaches 3-4 psych forces and the rest of it is pseudo psych effects. I loved it. Check out Anate, Colossal Killer, Psycho, etc.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
In ParaLies there is a huge section on just the concept of equivoque to select a card. If you combine that with the Berglas method (briefly touched on in PS3) you can streamline the whole procedure.

Bryn Reynolds has a great idea in the Safwan Papers called Seven.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results