Mentalism Routine

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
I need a few pointers on making a mentalism routine. Any posts will be greatly appreciated. Oh and please don't suggest "13 steps to Mentalism" because I already have it and i know it's F***ING AWESOME! ok thankyou.

As a former mentalism exclusive guy the biggest problem was opening with a mentatlism effect.

What would be helpful are what type of mentalism effects you have. Psychological forces, secret writers, predictions, mind reading, etc.

My mentalism routine consisted of three parts, a mentalism card effect (ESPerfect or forcet), then I would go into my Lotto effect where you predict their lotto numbers you called out using my super sharpie. Lastly I would go into a metal bending or coin bending effect, my favorites were Liquid Metal, best effect I own, or use my superman gimmick. However doing all three of effects was hard, usually I could only do two.

You can use w/e effects you want but try to put some variety into it, making only number reading and predictions can be quite boring to watch.

Good Luck

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
If you have 13 steps...you have everything you need?

;)

Depends on where you are going to be performing, what time length you have, and what character you present yourself as.

Most mentalist pick one or two things and specialize in them.

If you do PK, find a really good routine that involves bending stuff with your mind.

If you like predictions/mind reading then structure two or three things that are different, but all deal with reading minds. Maybe even a Q&A if you're doing a full length show.

:)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results