mentalism-think on a card

Dec 31, 2012
hello, i have searched the name of the trick that david blaine do on his documentary "the magic of david blaine" which the person think on any card and then he say it or , in other words, guess the card they were thinking.
i have searched that trick but i dont find it, i dont ask for a reveal i just want the name of the trick or the book in which it is or a DVD.
please if anyone know please say me cause i really want that trick.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
There's a lot of ways to do this. Also keep in mind that you don't always see everything involved with a trick when it's on a show like that.

Dec 31, 2012
There's a lot of ways to do this. Also keep in mind that you don't always see everything involved with a trick when it's on a show like that.
well im just looking for a way to know and say the card or thing they are thinking, so please if you know any trick say it ;)

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
This is basic card magic. There are advanced techniques, but the basic methods are in RRTCM, CC, EATCT, etc. I use methods from a dozen sources.

Study your fundamentals and you'll figure this out easily.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Don't believe everything you see on TV. There are methods to the effect you're describing but none that I'm willing to discuss with someone who joined the forum this month and is basically asking for the secret. As Christoper said, learn your fundamentals.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Seriously, guys... this isn't a big secret. Go up to someone with your video camera and ask them to think of a card. Guess the 10 of Diamonds. If it works, put it in your television show. If it doesn't, go up to another person and ask them to think of a card. Guess the 10 of Diamonds. If it works, you're good. If not, repeat until it does. Eventually, you've got to get it right.

Reactions: SamM11432

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Seriously, guys... this isn't a big secret.
That was my point. Too much is freely given away to random people these days and if he doesn't know how this is done then does he really deserve to be spoon fed?

RIP the days of close knit groups of magicians protecting the art and keeping magic magical.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
That was my point. Too much is freely given away to random people these days and if he doesn't know how this is done then does he really deserve to be spoon fed?

RIP the days of close knit groups of magicians protecting the art and keeping magic magical.

Honestly, it's not a magic secret. Anybody who has good enough logical thinking and common sense can easily come up with the correct solution for something like this. The method that David Blaine used and the method that Dynamo used may be the same or different. The main point is that there is a bit of editing that goes on with both guys. I recall David Blaine mentioning that a lot of times they'd get turned down or have people just up and walk away. So they just edit those parts out, and only show you the good stuff. Because it would be painfully boring to watch a TV special and see people just turning him down or walking away.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey

I was joking about the method and honestly don't think that was how it is done. I suspect that any of us posting a response could replicate the effect in a show (without a stooge) with 100% accuracy.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I know a few ways how to do it. But I will take those methods to my grave (also because I doubt that the original poster would understand the psychology that makes them work.)

But yeah. The idea of filming yourself and only shown the correct few instances has been on skype as well. I think Daniel Garcia or Bryan Brushwood did it a few times.

Nov 25, 2012
Mumbai
I was joking about the method and honestly don't think that was how it is done. I suspect that any of us posting a response could replicate the effect in a show (without a stooge) with 100% accuracy.

Yes one could using a little bit of pre-show work. In fact that is something I use a lot :)

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Use a stooge. Tell them to think of the Ace of Spades. Go out in public "meet them for the first time" ask them to think of a card. Wallah! Instant miracle.

Dang it, William! Stop exposing Angel's favorite method of making anything happen!

All joking aside, there has to be over a dozen BASIC methods for accomplishing this bit of business, all the OP needs to do is get off the couch and pick up a handful of books and from there READ! Study the craft and I can assure you that within a year of learning the foundation bits & pieces, you will have at least a half dozen or more methods to replicate this same effect.

BTW. . . if you're impressed with what those two TV/Video characters can do, you ought to catch the bit I do on radio; making everyone listening think of the same card even though they all have a free choice with things.

I bring this up because everything around that high profile PR stunt comes from bare-bone basics, nothing about the method is exceptionally protected, elite or even rare for that matter. You will find, if you honestly STUDY magic that some of the best, most mind-boggling effects out there work off of very simple and usually very basic methods.

I hope you will embrace the challenge to learn about this stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results