Messing around with Shadow Masters

Oct 18, 2007
Thanks. I actually like the Shadow look more than the Black Ghosts. The faded border from the regular Ghosts didn't translate well to the Black for me, they stuck out instead of giving it an elegant feel. But I only handled the deck for a few minutes so I don't know if that was enough time to really get to know them, hahah.

As for quality, it's what you'd expect from an Ellusionist deck. Thick stock and whatnot. Didn't fan as well out of the box as other decks I've gotten though. Regardless playing with them is fun, the face cards are beautiful.

Sep 2, 2007
like everyone else, it was to close and the fact that I was blind on half the screen didn't suit my appeal, 2/5

keep trying

Oct 18, 2007
The camera was peeking over the edge of my desk so, didn't really leave me a lot of room. (0_o) I really just wanted feedback on the first bit, and maybe the flipants, lol. Guess I shouldn't have overlooked the presentation. Should have cut it shorter too. My bad, whatever.

Sep 1, 2007
Some very nice work there. Your flippant looks good (it's a move I've never really spent the time on, but I know how knacky it is!) - do be aware though, cameras are very forgiving for moves like this one. Maybe take a leaf out of Greg Wilson's book and give the move some cover with your free hand when performing live.

I didn't like the pass - too much weird stuff happening, and you struggled with the camera angle (not that I could give a crap about performing for a video camera but hey). There's much better controls for what you're trying to do there. What immediately springs to mind is the covered side steal as applied by James Brown in his "Cards Opener" - very direct way into a colour change, in his case a Shapeshifter.

If you ask me, you should apply your skills to good quality tricks, get out there and perform them for laypeople - your handling looks up to scratch.

Oct 18, 2007
Yeah, I've been working hard on perfecting that sucker, hahah. I've found a groove but even still I don't get it 100% of the time. When I take this to people though I'm definitely going to wave my hand over as it's executed.

Thanks loads for the constructive criticism; I've prolly been told a million times by various people before you to side steal for something I'm doing, and I can't believe I haven't put time into learning how to do it properly. Ugh. (x_x)

Sep 1, 2007
I'm not a big side stealer - the drop addition is probably my "workhorse" control - but James Brown puts it to excellent use. Also, the covered side steal gets rid of any angle problems you may be concerned about - its a great technique.

I first learned about it in Wesley James' "Enchantments". James Brown's DVD is entitled "Fancy Another Pot of Jam?" (British humour - don't let it put you off!)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results