Michael O'Brien Interview

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
1) Tyler discussed an idea with me yesterday that I thought was brilliant I won't say anything here but if he has discussed it with you as well, what are your thoughts on it?

Hope that makes sense to you Tyler :p

2) Is there a genre of magic that you feel is underused and deserves a resurgence? Like rope magic or linking rings. I mention the rings because your linking ring routine is awesome and has a personal touch.

Feb 1, 2017
Sorry for the double post. Questions I would ask any magician:

1. How do you make your magic meaningful? What is your approach?

2. Can magic be both meaningful and comedic?

3. In one word, what is the current state of magic?

4. Personally I think Magic/Performance Theory shouldn't be sold on the marketplace, or anywhere for that matter. A theory is just one person's opinion/conclusions based on incomplete information. It isn't a truth, nor would it necessarily help another performer become better. It is more simply just advice, and should be offered free or kept to oneself. The ONLY way to become a better performer...is to actually perform. Disagree?

Sep 26, 2015
What opportunities have you had because of magic that you may not have had otherwise?

What effects/tricks do you like, but don't perform? Of these tricks, do you want to perform them at some point?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results