Elite Member
Mar 21, 2009
C.A.A.N - by Daniel Garcia
Its in Project Vol. 3
Impromtue
I like it !

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
If you're looking for a good A.C.A.N. I suggest Autobahn by David Forrest...An ACAN for the real world.

Some key points about Autobahn:

/The deck is placed on the table before the effect begins and the magician never touches it during the effect.
/Any card is named
/A number is also selected, randomly
/The spectator counts the cards
/No sleight of hand, no mem. deck, simple, direct and hits hard
/Instant reset
/Practical and made for the real world

V.

Holy grail is simple but clever solution to card at any number. It uses a gimmick and a setup in the deck that although simple, can not be easily done in front of the audience.
The effect looks clean and involves one "move" which may or may not be needed in the trick. I should say that the demo from alakazam magic shows particularly favorable situation for the performer which allows for extra cleanness. But even without this the trick is very clean and impossible.
You have my recommendations ( if that means anything;) since this plot often involves difficult slight of hand and memory work.

P.S. Daniel Garcia´s CAAN is a total rip off from Barry Richardson´s Impromptu CAAN. Daniel added a flourish to reverse the deck and called it his own.. Pathetic actually because it really is a very minor variation.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Holy grail is simple but clever solution to card at any number. It uses a gimmick and a setup in the deck that although simple, can not be easily done in front of the audience.
The effect looks clean and involves one "move" which may or may not be needed in the trick. I should say that the demo from alakazam magic shows particularly favorable situation for the performer which allows for extra cleanness. But even without this the trick is very clean and impossible.
You have my recommendations ( if that means anything;) since this plot often involves difficult slight of hand and memory work.

P.S. Daniel Garcia´s CAAN is a total rip off from Barry Richardson´s Impromptu CAAN. Daniel added a flourish to reverse the deck and called it his own.. Pathetic actually because it really is a very minor variation.
Thanks much for the info. I see whats going on with the prediction card but Im curious, is the rest of the deck gimmicked as well? And I imagine you cant answer this due to exposure but how much of a 'move' is 'the move'? Im not fishing Im just curious how a less favorable situation would play out. Would it be possible to see a video of it somewhere? I just like to know exactly what Im getting myself into before I take the dive. Thanks for your time.

The less favorable situation will see you executing a move (otherwise the trick is completely self working). It is nothing technical but it is nevertheless a secret action done upon removing the deck from the case.
Having said that, you should know that the favorable situation occurs frequently and when it does you have the cleanest effect possible. As with the rest of the deck, it is ungimmicked.

The secret action btw is nothing complex or fancy, it is a casual and natural action that will not be suspected.

Hope this helped.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results