Mindshades..EHH

Apr 27, 2008
Mindshades

Mindshades is a neat little gimmick that basically is from the old spy movies and television shows and has been brought back by Peter Loughran to the 21st century in style and performance

Effect 8/10

Imagine being able to see what you aren't supposed to, that is the effect behind Mindshades. The reason for not a 10 is for a few reasons but also logical ones, I do not wear sunglasses inside and do not see why people would. Wearing glasses is not my style really but with them you go out do some street magic with them and you can accomplish some very neat mentalism feats.

Gimmick 9/10

The style of the glasses is that of a mysterious stranger I guess. They are very well made and will last as long as you want them to. Chances of you getting caught with the gimmick is close to nil since most people inspecting them will not know what they are looking for and will simply accept the truth. When I asked Peter about them I figured that some camera was looking behind you or something but it is so much more ingenious and much easier than that. The two reasons for the point is where you can wear them and you have to be at a slight angle but not to a point of people becoming suspicious.

Instructions 7/10

I truly wish that Peter can get a good instruction booklet out and sometime soon. It is not a bad instruction booklet but it does not go into great detail about the tricks they do explain. There are several effects that you can accomplish but this basically goes over the ones I do including nails and cup, and a mentalims board effect. Not enough detail.

Difficulty 2/10

What is hard about putting glasses on your face? Once you can get the angles down which is about twenty minutes I'd say then this trick is golden but only if you do street magic which this site is kinda devoted to.

Overall 8/10

Street magic impromptu mentalism. Wierd way to put it I guess but this is a very neat gimmick and extremely well made and is easy to use and has a new style to match this time period. If you wear glasses or really want to perform some neat street mentalism then this effect is for you. Try it out and call up Peter for more info. at MasterofIllusions.ca

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results