Mirror Deck - Problem / Question

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick question about the new Mirror deck that came out.

For certain tricks, if you require a card turned over in the center for a setup or what not, wouldn't the spectators be able to see it very easily because of the contrast between the black border and white face of the card?

This is why I am a little bit skeptical as to whether to buy the decks or not, because some tricks that I perform require a setup, or end with a card face up in a face down deck - and if this is noticed too early in the trick, it ruins the effect...

Also, I was wondering what the description of the product means by: "The Mirror Deck comes with an inverted Ace of Spades."

Thanks for your answers,

-Sanj

May 9, 2008
Wow, I didn't even notice that. I just pulled out my Mirrors Special Edition and they are white bordered.

Yeah great point about that!

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Yeah, I am quite surprised about the borders, that was the first thing that crossed my mind. I love the design and everything, but borders like that can cause some problems for sure.

I hope there can be a reprint of the second editions.

Yeah, I am quite surprised about the borders, that was the first thing that crossed my mind. I love the design and everything, but borders like that can cause some problems for sure.

I hope there can be a reprint of the second editions.

Agree.

Well, I'm finding smoke deck special(2nd) edition, does anyone can sell one to me? Thanks.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
MagicSanj -

You are correct that a card inverted within a Mirrors v3 deck would be slightly noticeable. Held in mechanics grip, the spectator would have a hard time noticing anything as the cards are squared up, but any spreads (even slightly) would reveal a reversed card. If inversion of a card is central to an effect you perform regularly, I would recommend the Smoke decks instead of the Mirrors.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results