Moderators?

Sep 28, 2007
This is NOT a "pick me for mod" post
i just want to know what the administrators will look for in mods since this place needs a couple right now.
thanks.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
You're going off topic here, Brad C said that it is not "PICK ME" for a mod...

sorry for the double post

I know it wasn't him campaigning for the mod position. But think about it, if by a weird series of events the REAL Brad C became a mod here. I think it would be humorous.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
True. I'll get back OT.

I think that you need to be a leader, and be mature enough to know when to lock a topic, delete it, or where to move it to.
Ask Erik, or Vinnie C. they're our first mods, they're in the Cardistry section.

-Ty

Sep 1, 2007
Australia
Hey Eddie, cmon man, it would be a little unusual.

There have been a few posts on mods at this place, with the the team being relatively quiet.

I think it's working alright, but I think these forums could be more effective with a lil' bit more organisation.

But the vibe here is quite relaxed and fun, which I like. I think it's a tribute to the people and this site that there have been any major problems thusfar.

Ty

Hey Eddie, cmon man, it would be a little unusual.

There have been a few posts on mods at this place, with the the team being relatively quiet.

I think it's working alright, but I think these forums could be more effective with a lil' bit more organisation.

But the vibe here is quite relaxed and fun, which I like. I think it's a tribute to the people and this site that there have been any major problems thusfar.

Ty

I strongly agree with you. So far there's been no real issues and Mr.Raiker has handled things very nicely. In the future when the board is much more flooded I could see moderators being hired or something but for now, don't fix something if it's not broken.

-RA69

Sep 2, 2007
Is this Brad Christian?

I would doubt that Brad Christian would forget to capitalize, and use improper grammar or spelling.

In the future when the board is much more flooded I could see moderators being hired or something but for now, don't fix something if it's not broken.

I don't believe that the moderators are "hired," since they don't get paid :(, but rather are appointed.

However, there have not been many glaring problems, and the forums, on the most part, moderate themselves, but, sometimes, moderation is needed, and the problems, which are are present, are taken care of in a timely fashion.

There are moderators, but I haven't seen them around that much, so I guess that's a good thing.

Cheers,
JTM

In my opinion, one user with mod+ privelages should be online at all times. T least one should be on just in case something serious happens.

I stay up rather late and I notice that there are no late night moderators, which can be bad. It isn't a problem now but it easily could be.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
In my opinion, one user with mod+ privelages should be online at all times. T least one should be on just in case something serious happens.

I stay up rather late and I notice that there are no late night moderators, which can be bad. It isn't a problem now but it easily could be.

My thoughts exactly.
Just kind of a night watch thing.

Mods??? We don't need no stinkin' Mods.
Seriously , It looks like the forums are going well without an overbearing Mod staff. You can go to the E forums for the all knowing and observant moderation.
So far it seems everyone here is behaving.
I think this is one of the things that make T-11 much better then E forums. Aside, if we had more mods here, some of you would just complain about how unfair they are.
If they are looking, I nominate Roy. He was the best Mod ever at E.

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
IMO, the only reason we would need a mod now is just to clean up messy topics.
But I think we do a good job of it ourselves.

Jordan, you aren't the only one who stays up late.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results