Modern mentalism

Dec 20, 2017
So I’m a magician who isn’t that active I guess, but I really like performing a trick for my friends out of nowhere to freak them out. I think that I’m getting the best reactions from tricks that includes mentalism so therefore I really want some tips about which tricks that are great to perform.

My kind of style is like a “modern mentalism”. I enjoy solving private information about strangers (Or friends as I mentioned before) like their birthday or something like that. I suggest using materials from the spectator, often their phone or as well my phone and because of that I would say it’s “modern” haha.

But if you understand what I mean I would really appreciate if some of you can give examples about different kinds of tricks that is including what I’m looking for. So to clarify this... Give me examples of mind tricks that gives you a huge reaction were it’s nearly impossible to describe. Thank you!

Apr 3, 2019
I am looking for stuff like that as well. Could you give mw suggestions for that kind of mentalism that have worked for you? Ive studied the books everyone recommends like 13 steps and Annemann thats for beginners and am looking for the kind of stuff you wrote about. Any suggestions?

Dec 20, 2017
I am looking for stuff like that as well. Could you give mw suggestions for that kind of mentalism that have worked for you? Ive studied the books everyone recommends like 13 steps and Annemann thats for beginners and am looking for the kind of stuff you wrote about. Any suggestions?
Well the only trick that I found out really good is called Cipher from Ellusionist. It’s really powerful and worth the money. Start of with checking out that one!

Reactions: Tricky Fingers

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey guys! So here are my recommendations for modern mentalism. The hip thing right now in mentalism is so-called propless mentalism. It's super practical but can be pretty tough to get down and a lot of what is being hawked is pretty bad magic. Never fear! In these two videos, I break down some epic propless mentalism.

This is stuff that I do all the time. Full disclosure, I think the best place to start is at your local library. If not there then with some awesome books like Prism by Max Maven, Practical Mental Effects by Anneman or some of Bob Cassady's excellent work. You can't go wrong with the stuff in the videos below though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results