Modernized Classic

Jul 14, 2008
As an open minded, I enjoyed this performance. To tell you the truth, I didn't like the way you change the card twice. Don't take this personally, but it's just my taste.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
really need to work on the palming, especially the re-addition to the deck after the first

decent concept though. although i do feel its very familiar and ive seen it somewhere else before

Feb 16, 2009
South Bend, IN
Its a nice idea, but you end up having to palm and replace a card at a very bad time (when the spectators are looking very closely at your hands). For a trick like this to work on camera, your technique must be perfect (easier said than done).

You should also check out Francis Carlyle's homing card for something similar, where the sleights are executed when the spectators aren't burning your hands.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
You should also check out Francis Carlyle's homing card for something similar, where the sleights are executed when the spectators aren't burning your hands.

Especially since you're palming a card exactly when someone would think that you're palming a card.

The first method people would think of actually is the method you're using.

I also agree, changing the card and changing it back has nothing to do with the transposition.

jroberts, it's similar to "I've got a surprise for you" that ______ invented...(I hate when I blank out) and Jamy Ian Swiss actually does really well. A card is selected, supposedly on top, wrong card on top. Table the wrong card and go to pocket. Pull the same card that was tabled from pocket and selection is on table.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
To Cardkiller13 ("Maleek"):

Your palming, in the extraction (taking), transportation (holding it, moving your hand around), and replacement phases, along with your handling of a double (two cards), needs a lot of work before you should perform for people.

I agree with SKSleighofHand, changing the card back doesn't fit into any sensible story that I can imagine at the current moment.

Also, the trick concept is very old, as you should know.

Daniel Madison has a trick called "Lapse" in which the execution and general sleights are similar to yours. This is nothing new or surprising.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results