Mom

I attended my Mother’s funeral yesterday. I was in a room with hundreds of people, and yet I was so alone. She was my Mom, my friend, my safety net in life. She was the one who sat through an endless stream of cheesey kid-magic shows full of plastic gimmicks and goofy tricks when I was a little kid. She was also the one who spent many nights on a hard roll-a-way bed when I was in the hospital. She would applaud when I did the dumbest tricks ever and tell me how great I was. Later, when I was older, she would tell me my angles were bad, and I needed to work on my patter. She was the “cool Mom” to a not so cool little boy.

I sat in my living room yesterday waiting on my kids to get ready to go to the funeral home. I was ready first, setting there, looking at nothing, thinking about nothing, feeling nothing.

At the funeral they had a very nice video tribute to Mom. Pictures of her as a child all the way to her most recent pictures. Several of the pictures were of her with me. There were a few with me as a kid in the top hat and cape. One was of me and her at a benefit for the American Cancer Society a few years ago. I performed there to help raise money. It was a great picture, she was setting at a table with my wife and I was standing over them doing a trick. It was probably one they had both seen a thousand times, she still looked amazed.

Looking back at her life, I see how lucky I was to have a Mom like her. I hope everyone who reads this is as lucky as I.

Curtis “Miles of Magic”

Aug 31, 2007
I'm so sorry to hear about this. What you wrote really opened my eyes about how much our mothers care. But, I am glad that you had such a great time with her. I wish you the best on this sad day of yours.

May her body rest in peace.

-|P54

I attended my Mother’s funeral yesterday. I was in a room with hundreds of people, and yet I was so alone. She was my Mom, my friend, my safety net in life. She was the one who sat through an endless stream of cheesey kid-magic shows full of plastic gimmicks
and goofy tricks when I was a little kid. She was also the one who spent many nights on a hard roll-a-way bed when I was in the hospital. She would applaud when I did the dumbest tricks ever and tell me how great I was. Later, when I was older, she would tell me my angles were bad, and I needed to work on my patter. She was the “cool Mom” to a not so cool little boy.
I sat in my living room yesterday waiting on my kids to get ready to go to the funeral home. I was ready first, setting there, looking at nothing, thinking about nothing, feeling nothing.
At the funeral they had a very nice video tribute to Mom. Pictures of her as a child all the way to her most recent pictures. Several of the pictures were of her with me. There were a few with me as a kid in the top hat and cape. One was of me and her at a benefit for the American Cancer Society a few years ago. I performed there to help raise money. It was a great picture, she was setting at a table with my wife and I was standing over them doing a trick. It was probably one they had both seen a thousand times, she still looked amazed.
Looking back at her life, I see how lucky I was to have a Mom like her. I hope everyone who reads this is as lucky as I.

Curtis “Miles of Magic”

My absolute heart-felt condolences to you and your family.... It is an incredible thing to think about. Think of this Woman who loved you endlessly , and who never waivered in that. Think of all the times she picked you up when you were down and then think of all the times she brought you back down to earth when you got to big for your britches. Think of the strength she had all the days of your life and be amazed because most people are incapable of loving the way a mother does. Your mother sounds like an incredible person. I know that my mother is one of the most amazing people I could ever have had the privelage to know. Keep those incredible memories of her and make sure your children see her through your eyes, and most importantly , the thing I have learned above all else from my mother is how to be a good parent... If your mother could say any one thing to you right now I am positive she would tell you to take care of her grand babies and make sure they know they are loved..... What it all boils down to is that mothers selflessly only want what is best for those they love..... I feel for you brother , and my families heart and thoughts are with you and yours....

Aug 31, 2007
California
Miles,

My condolences out to you my friend. You are a great man. I am so sorry to hear this...

My thoughts go out you and your family.

Keenan

Sep 14, 2007
Slovenia
I'm really sorry to hear that man. My deepest regrets. It's good to hear that you've spent good time with her, so you have only good memories.
Hope you recover soon...

-Kris

Sep 2, 2007
I'm sorry for your loss.

If any of you have the pleasure of seeing your mom -- any member of your family, or someone close to you -- be sure to remind her that you love her because she may not be there tomorrow.

My deepest condolences,

JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Man you allmos made me cry .. sorry for that .. and i don't have any words .. if you what to chat or something you can find me here on on decknique .. sorry for that .. :(( :((

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results