More Product Stock?

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
I've only been here for like a week, but I really like it here. This is a great place. It's run by great people. It has a great community. There's only one problem.

There's nothing here I want to buy!

I mean, honestly, I want to support the place. I really do. But the one and only shot I have at that is if the Guardians turn out to be my favorite deck out of the nine I ordered today, and even then that's not much support.

Meanwhile, Ellusionist has a crap forum, but they carry most of the cool stuff I want. So while I really don't care much for the site, they end up getting my money.

This offends me. Does anyone else here really wish Theory11 had more stock, just so we can spend our money with decent people instead of just throwing it at anyone who happens to have what we want?

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Welcome!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it here, and I happen to agree with you about the others forums around.

You've got to keep in mind that Theory11 is still in it's infant stages, and it will continue to grow with new members, artists, and products. I'd definatly advise you to just kick back and enjoy the atmosphere for a while and wait for something that you're interested in to come around.

Here are some things that are soon to make an appearance here...

- Control from Wayne Houchin
- Dangerous from Daniel Madison
- Prophet from Tom Isaacson
- More 1-on-1's

The Guadian deck is definatly quality material. I know that I liked them so much that I ended up buying a couple of bricks of them. One brick was first edition while the second that I bought was second edition. So, who knows...you might actually find that you like them better than anything else out there.

Anyway,

I hope that you find something here that you like pretty soon, and if anything...you might want to just give one of the products here a try. You never know what you might find!

Shane

PS...

Also, keep in mind that you don't HAVE to buy something here to support Theory11. If you just like the forums better here, then that is certainly enough to be considered part of the community.

Sep 1, 2007
Like Krash said, T11 is still starting out. I'm not really sure exactly what you're interested in, but the tricks here are good material. Try this. Buy one trick. If you hate it, then that's 20 bucks gone down the drain. Don't worry. There will be more 20 bucks in your future. Trust me.

Chances are though, you'll like what you get. You'll have a good time learning and practicing it, and ultimately, it will be a valuable asset to your performing.

Glad you like it here and nice to meet you.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Just remember, this site is only 5 months old.

We are very picky in the effects we want to make available to ya'll. Just keep your eyes open for more products to be available in coming months. We are sure you will find SOMETHING that suits you.

Also, remember we have the 1 on 1 section which is a good buy, even for the basic stuff. (some people over look that part).

I think we are doing fine with only a few months under our belt. And most of all, we like having you here!

Katie

Like Krash said, T11 is still starting out. I'm not really sure exactly what you're interested in, but the tricks here are good material. Try this. Buy one trick. If you hate it, then that's 20 bucks gone down the drain. Don't worry. There will be more 20 bucks in your future. Trust me.

Chances are though, you'll like what you get. You'll have a good time learning and practicing it, and ultimately, it will be a valuable asset to your performing.

Glad you like it here and nice to meet you.

T11 do a 30 day money back guaranty on ALL effects.

Cheers, Tom

Thats funny cause I have felt this way since the grand site opening. I really was not pumped about any of the effects here but I dig the forums. I like the 1 on 1 better but these are my opinions and I am comfortable with that. I bought Distortion and Panic and both are good effects out of the two I use regularly would be Panic hands down. This site is new and I'm excited to see what direction its going and I expect this place to eventually be my go to site. But as of now I'm not sold on their products as a must have, just as a I wouldn't mind having product. Anyways stick around these guys are some of the best and I'm sure they will meet the needs of every category before years end.:D

Hey Guys (and gal!),

I do have to agree with what everybody is saying. Great site, fantastic forums, and all the wacky hi-jinks that goes on here really makes this site enjoyable for all who come here. I have been here pretty much since Day 1, and I do have to say that we have all kind of grown into Theory 11; making it into one of the best magic communities I have seen in a long time. So thank you everyone!

But back on topic, I do love the fact that Theory 11 does not have more product stock. Because what that means to me is that they are really taking the time to strive for quality and strive for great instruction. I still think that T11 has the best instruction in magic DVDs. (Next to the Garcia Project)

What T11 rules out stock wise to me means that they are not looking for short, uninformative DVDs and hard to read books ( Yes, I can read people. ) from some middle man company that will only appeal to a small amount of buyers. (No offense meant.) Not saying that they can't put Totally Out Of Control up for sale...

My words of advice, like what everybody else has said, stay the course. You will find something that you will absolutely want to have right from the get go.

Peace and Love,

Mitch.Conroy

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
While everyone that posted before me has said I would say, I will say this:

Theory11 doesn't want to be a magic site that releases barely marketable effects every other week. They are a site that would rather produce quality over quantity, and so far, they have done that. Their artists are hard at work every day producing absolutely brilliant pieces of magic, and although it may seem as though there is a longer-than-desirable wait between releases, the quality of the products they release is top-notch, and more than makes up for any wait that you may experience.

I hope that my mini-rant could help you out! :D

TDA

Jan 4, 2008
Norfolk, Virginia
I've only been here for like a week, but I really like it here. This is a great place. It's run by great people. It has a great community. There's only one problem.

There's nothing here I want to buy!

I mean, honestly, I want to support the place. I really do. But the one and only shot I have at that is if the Guardians turn out to be my favorite deck out of the nine I ordered today, and even then that's not much support.

Meanwhile, Ellusionist has a crap forum, but they carry most of the cool stuff I want. So while I really don't care much for the site, they end up getting my money.

This offends me. Does anyone else here really wish Theory11 had more stock, just so we can spend our money with decent people instead of just throwing it at anyone who happens to have what we want?

i agree why cant you sell the joe porper clip i really want to get one but i wont buy it from E. i do think as well that Theory should get more items, i don't mean clothes.

i can also garuntee that if they started selling stuff like generic close up pads and other cards like tally ho the would see. i have heard it before "you can bye it somewhere else" well you know what if that is Theory's' mentality i might have to reassess coming to this site for the forum the store and anything else involved. oh yeah and why would i want to spend double shipping when i could just buy from the same place.

Jan 4, 2008
Norfolk, Virginia
what?

While everyone that posted before me has said I would say, I will say this:

Theory11 doesn't want to be a magic site that releases barely marketable effects every other week. They are a site that would rather produce quality over quantity, and so far, they have done that. Their artists are hard at work every day producing absolutely brilliant pieces of magic, and although it may seem as though there is a longer-than-desirable wait between releases, the quality of the products they release is top-notch, and more than makes up for any wait that you may experience.

I hope that my mini-rant could help you out! :D

TDA

i would agree with you but my case is for other things such as accessories

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Theory11 doesn't want to be a magic site that releases barely marketable effects every other week.

How about a site that actually has the short list of things everyone needs?

After all, Ellusionist is geared very strongly toward the modern "buy a trick" crowd. Penguin is a warehouse store - no real reviews, no real guidance, just a pile where you pick something and cross your fingers.

What we're missing is someplace that simply doesn't sell crap.

I appreciate that Theory11 is planning to do just that as they consistently invent things that aren't crap, but what about all the stuff out there that isn't crap already? We all know Erdnase and Hugard write great books on card manipulation. Why aren't those books available here? Why can't I get a performance mat that doesn't suck, or just the standard double-head and double-tail coins? Steel core coins? The industry-standard Raven? A decent ITR?

It just seems like there could be a little more here than two kinds of cards and a bunch of streaming video. All you'd need to do is get together and come to some sort of consensus on who uses what and why. Hell, just line up pictures: these are the Theory11 artists who use this item. That way, if three people like one ITR and four people like another and the rest don't care, there's no "which do we carry" question. Carry both and stick pictures under the description. That way, you can choose the person whose style is most like yours, and use that one.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
You know, if you really want it, just go buy it.
This proves that T11 is not just all about money, they don't need to bother with such things considering you can buy them somewhere else.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
You know, if you really want it, just go buy it.

I do. The problem is that this means I give a lot of money to people I don't like.

This proves that T11 is not just all about money, they don't need to bother with such things considering you can buy them somewhere else.

Sure! Somewhere else that uses my money to actively destroy what I love about it. I don't like that. I don't want them to have my money. I want my money to benefit people who respect, appreciate, and protect this art.

Which, in the end, has NOTHING to do with money.

Oct 25, 2007
I personally feel the same way.

I don't mine spending at Ellusionist, but Theory11 is where i spend most of my time. Their item line it small, the only product I have my eye right now is the TnR trick.

I do wish they had more, maybe in the future.

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I like the fact that T11 is very specialized in offering what their team has solely been responsible for creating. If this type of setup continues it puts pressure on them to release more of their material, be it published or unpublished material. They could sit back on their butts and stockpile everything every other online store has and rake in a modest income. Considering the overhead to stock these items, the upfront cost, the logistics of it all I would rather see the site remain focused with the path they have started down.

I realize this isn't the popular opinion and probably not the way things will always be around here but I like the fact that the site isn't cluttered with a ton of products. There are plenty of very good online magic stores out there that are excellent in pricing and customer service. Elmwood Magic, MJM, Hocus Pocus, Hank Lee's are all excellent stores that ARE warehouse type of stores that stock nearly everything under the sun. Almost all of them, from my experience, have been incredibly helpful via e-mail and helping to decide on products. You can even ask about any product here on these forums prior to buying it so there is no real need for those sites to even have forums to discuss product stock.

Like Katie said though, the place is only 5 months old at this point. Considering all the startup and getting all the kinks ironed out I think things have gone very well with a few bumps that were handled professionaly in the end. I would rather see the team stick to their mission statement instead of falling into the trap of becoming just another online store with a few exclusive releases.

Again just my thoughts, I realize some folks would like to put all their eggs in one basket and find a one-stop shopping location like a Wal-Mart of Magic or something.

--Jim

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results