More than 8?

May 3, 2016
I was wondering if you guys know of any extremely advanced flourishes (or just any flourishes) with 8+ packets. And also, I've created a 9 packet flourish, but does anybody think 10 is possible? So far I haven't seen anything that advanced anyways.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
Bone Ho's "Eye Cut" is one of my favorite flourishes of that range. And if you're just going for the max, just play around with a Sybil Cut, I got one up to 11 I think (it looked awful, but it worked...). And you can pretty much add an additional packet to any display by incorporating your chin like in the modified WERM or Leno Cut by Dan and Dave.

I've also seen this cut popping up a lot, but I have no idea what it's called or where you can find a tutorial.
Summ-Blockbuster.jpg

Researching this got me thinking about what exactly qualifies a packet. Like, could a card spring or Anaconda be considered a 52 packet flourish?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Bone Ho's "Eye Cut" is one of my favorite flourishes of that range. And if you're just going for the max, just play around with a Sybil Cut, I got one up to 11 I think (it looked awful, but it worked...). And you can pretty much add an additional packet to any display by incorporating your chin like in the modified WERM or Leno Cut by Dan and Dave.

I've also seen this cut popping up a lot, but I have no idea what it's called or where you can find a tutorial.
Summ-Blockbuster.jpg

Researching this got me thinking about what exactly qualifies a packet. Like, could a card spring or Anaconda be considered a 52 packet flourish?

I have seen that too. But just as a picture, which makes me wonder if that sort of an intricate high-packet display is even achievable outside of the realm of 'Cardestroy'.

As far as what gets considered as a 'packet'. You get a packet when you break 1/X-cluster of cards from the original deck to move independently from the deck or other packets.

In terms of springs, isolations, 'flicker' style flourishes. You don't really work with packets because:

- flickers and isolations work with such a very limited number of cards that every packet is just one card and are just referred to as 1-card/2-card/3-card. I haven't seen a twirl/flicker flourish that exceeds 3 cards.
- Springs utilize the entire deck in one motion.
-fans and spreads also utilize everything within the deck or what ever number of cards you start with.
Any fan that exceeds 1 fan is just referred to either just 'split fan' or just X-fans

The most packets I have seen in a flourish video,from start to finish, is 9. The only problem is that large packet flourishes don't really have much in terms of flow and they are just display flourishes. It's really just packet splitting and positioning.

I don't think a 10 packet flourish is outside of the realm of possibility, but you will certainly be limited in how it comes into fruition.

Reactions: AmberGraci
I was wondering if you guys know of any extremely advanced flourishes (or just any flourishes) with 8+ packets. And also, I've created a 9 packet flourish, but does anybody think 10 is possible? So far I haven't seen anything that advanced anyways.
I've played around with one of my original flourishes and I was able to get 9 packets, but trust me, it didn't look too good.

There is one flourish (more of a display) that I know has 11 packets: Blockbuster. The Virts love performing it. Looks really hard though. Good luck learning that one.

May 3, 2016
I used my chin to make it to 9 packets, and it (my flourish) is in fact based off of the sybil, and is still false. But I think you guys are right, anything above 9 will mostly just be a display.

Reactions: lolhammertime
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results