Morning boredom - Jackson 5

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Dude. If anyone says that you suck because you can't do the Jackson 5 well (which from what I can tell from the video...you can do it quite well)...then I suck. Then again, I just recently started practicing cardistry.

I was lucky to get "Genisis" down pact.

Shane K.

...but you used Bridge cards.... which made it a whole lot easier. That brought you down.

In his defence, he actually used Poker-sized cards; they were Texans.

As for the video on hand, you did it quite well - you should be proud. :) I would only recommend you pace out your performance, some phases (such as Madonna 3) were quite slow in proportion to your Sybilism (which was faster). I would suggest you even out your performance so you have a smooth flow of everything. Also, I should mention to you that your flares at 00:19, before the Skater Cut, is actually wrong -- grip the right hand packet at the opposite corners, then your problem be solved.

Keep up the good work, cannot wait to see more. :)

Regards,
Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
Denmark
Copperfield vanished it. ;)
Strange, the same thing happend to Daren's J5 video...

Speaking of the leno cut, I really thinks it ruins the flow of the whole cut and I'm getting tired of people asking "where did the leno go?!". It didn't go anywhere cause it wasn't there!
And yes I do prefer Jordan's J5 without Leno and Genesis, same goes for Daren and D&D...

I'm getting tired of people asking "where did the leno go?!". It didn't go anywhere cause it wasn't there!

Just to correct you; actually the Leno Cut and Genesis have been in the Jackson Five since way before 'The System' years - it is not a "new addition" of any kind.

As for whether or not it should be included is all down to personal taste - as always. I actually prefer the Leno Cut in Jackson Five, as it kind of states "The End" due to its big final display; no matter how much of the flow is sacrificed. Still, thank you for the support with my performance, David, it is appreciated. :)

Regards,
Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
Denmark
Just to correct you; actually the Leno Cut and Genesis have been in the Jackson Five since way before 'The System' years - it is not a "new addition" of any kind.
Haha, I know about that.

What I mend was when people posted a video of their J5 and didn't do the Leno+Genesis. Then people asks where the Leno+Genesis went, and well it was never there, in the performance video that is.

I hope that made sense...

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California

As for whether or not it should be included is all down to personal taste - as always. I actually prefer the Leno Cut in Jackson Five, as it kind of states "The End" due to its big final display; no matter how much of the flow is sacrificed. Still, thank you for the support with my performance, David, it is appreciated. :)

Regards,
Jordan
I agree. The Leno is a nice closer for the J5(very sexy display), and the Genesis basically is the closer for the closer.

Oct 28, 2007
(Speaking of the leno cut, I really thinks it ruins the flow of the whole cut)

in my opinion I think the leno cut flows very well with the entire cut but I guess it is just how you preform it, same goes with genesis :p

Aug 31, 2007
UK
Wasn't bad, infact one of the better jackson 5 video's here in internet-world, the only issue is the speed changes between phases but to be honest it's not that big of a deal.

Sep 1, 2007
Singapore
I actually prefer the leno and genesis closer. Since dan and dave created it with the intention that the 5th and 6th phase be in it, that should be the final complete flourish. If it was left out it shouldn't be j5 but a variant.

If the leno ruins the flow of j5, take a look at jordan's forum reply, in my personal opinion practise takes away the "ruin of the flow". I think its just hard and thats why people shun it. Besides i learnt j5 from Jordan't FISM video and i guess many people did too, so they just ain't used to it being a 6 phase thing.

For me i'm still getting the transition from 5 face to leno smooth. The trilogy in my opinion did not show the transition clearly as it was shot from the top and some angles are blocked.

Nice one there Leon BTW.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
The reason hardly any people use the leno is because they were one of the roughly 60% who learnt it before the trilogy came out and prefer it that way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results