Motor Playing Card Review

Jun 6, 2008
So I hopped down to a local shop and found a brand of cards I'd never seen before "Motor" playing cards. I didn't pay much attention. I grabbed it, and threw it in with the rest of what I was buying. The box looked alot like Bikes, so I assumed it was another item from the US Playing Card Company. They were VERY cheap. 99 cents from a retail store!

When I got in the car and started opening them, I noticed that it said they were "Made in China". Not a big deal. Given today's economy, most items are. I opened the box and took out the cards. Oh man. Pure junk. About a third of the cards, had some ink smudging on them (very minor, but quite noticable by the sheer fact that no other cards have it). The cards themselves felt like they were plastic coated, but poorly. The edges of some of the pasteboards were starting to already split (3 cards out of the deck). They felt TERRIBLE. Absolutely terrible.

I put a small crimp in one of the cards to practice some tricks, and it caused a harsh wrinkling in the stock of the card (not something you can bend the opposite way to get rid of).

Definitely not something I would EVER purchase again. Especially when you consider that for a little over a buck a pack, you can buy a brick of Bike's from Costco.

I have quite a few decks I like to play with. My current favorite are Aladdin's. I usually rotate between my T11 decks, my E-decks, Aladdins, Bikes, and Tally's. After playing with that rancid Motor deck, it felt real nice to go back to my quality decks.

So just a word of warning there.

All my best,
John

Jun 6, 2008
Whoa!

Whoa, thanks for the tip-off! I looked it up. Apparently they use VERY high levels of formaldahyde in the ink and glue, and that's a known carcinogen.

Luckily, I threw the cards away. I didn't realize how bad they were. Thanks very much for the heads-up!

John

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results