Mouth Coils

Oct 19, 2015
As most of you know I do magic primarily for kids. I recently saw a very good routine using mouth coils, where the magician did a 'do as I do' routine. The problem I am having as the mouth coils that I have and those that I can find at internet magic sites are very large to put in your mouth, without looking like a blow fish....

What am I missing? The coils that I have are two rolls side by side that are connected. Others that I have looked at have a minimum length of 4"....

Any ideas?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
As most of you know I do magic primarily for kids. I recently saw a very good routine using mouth coils, where the magician did a 'do as I do' routine. The problem I am having as the mouth coils that I have and those that I can find at internet magic sites are very large to put in your mouth, without looking like a blow fish....

What am I missing? The coils that I have are two rolls side by side that are connected. Others that I have looked at have a minimum length of 4"....

Any ideas?

The most effective mouth coil routines have a bit of misdirection built in so it looks like you might be loading something in your mouth (a torn up napkin, a drink of milk etc.) the magic happens when whatever you have in your mouth "changes" into a never ending supply of colorful paper. That helps with the puffer fish deal.

Additionally, many routines have a second load built in. So, while you are pulling out one coil you load the other. I wonder if the coils you have are created for this type of routine.

For specifics on technique I'd look at the World's Funniest Mouthcoil Routine by Robert Baxt.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results