Movie "Magic" and Our Magic

Jan 30, 2011
heya everybody. whenever i watch a movie or tv show that uses special effects i find myself amazed that someone has the creativity and intelligence to create something that looks so convincing. even though everyone knows its tv and that it isnt real. people still applaud and give awards for special effects. i cant help but see the similarities between what someone in a special effects position does and what we do. these people create magic that alot of people dont realize is magic when its right under their shnozes. even though sometimes they might not work for the same exact goals we do, i feel they are still creating a little bit of amzazement. i know they are for me i wonder if anyone else feels this way or what your thoughts and opinions are.

Sep 11, 2010
Well, after I took a semester of video/film, I had a completely different perspective of movies. It takes years to create a movie with the different stages of production. I agree, this is very similar to magic. Spectators will often appreciate and will be amazed by magic tricks, but they won't realize that an effect takes years to perfect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results