Moving from magic to flourishing... check my vid?

Aug 8, 2010
So, it's been almost a year since i really got into magic (every day training, at least a couple of hours...).But i was always a trickman. Gaff/no gaff, visual or not, but i performed only tricks. The most flourishy thing i did was tricks from Trilogy disc one.
But recently (literally two weeks ago, hehe) something hit me in head and i started to realise that flourishing is beatiful. I can't say it's better or worse, but i kinda started appreciating it more than ever. Of course long ago i learnt some basics as charlier or simple sybil, but not anything advanced.
So i got a couple of DVDs, bookmarked a bunch of youtube vids and now i'm working on my techniques...
Today i recorded some kind of improvisation, several flourishes combined in one vid, i'll really appreciate if you check this and tell me what you think...

(Link, feel free to spread the link :))

i know that amateur vids are mostly annoying cuz just a n00b'ish copying of famous flourishes, so i added several things of my own. Kinda. Moves might be not innovative, but generally flouirishs that are "untitled" (you will come across them during the vid) are my own invention. I use them very often between routines or during the routines, cuz they are simple enough so that you can tell something and watch away from ur hands while performing them. Also, they are 100% false.

Also, i want you to check my ending of "5 faces of sybil". I like when sybil-based floursih ends with something not sybil-related, so i added a couple of Brian Tudor's moves and that throwing move.

Well, check this yourself, please, and i'll wait for your feedback.

Ahh, this is horrible, I hate it when you post and no one gives you feedback. Alright later.....

To be honest, for a beginner, I think you did really well. Some of the cuts were a little choppy, but overall nice job. As for your sybil ending, I did not like it because your left hand just sat there while the other did a revolution. Make it do something as well.

Good job

Oni

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results