Moving Violation by Jay Sankey

May 18, 2008
Another Moving Hole. Some people swear by this one, some people swear by Mike Close's, it all depends. I have to say that when I saw the demo for this, it didn't fool me, but when Jay said that it can be completely examined, it did fool me.

So, on with the review!!!

What Jay be Sayin':

Quote:
Use your own business card, a signed card or ordinary dollar bill!
Very easy to do street magic!
Instantly resets!
Includes precision gimmicks and a full-length instructional DVD!

It looks like something out of science fiction movie! The performer opens a small wallet to show a business card featuring a hypnotic printed pattern with a small hole near one end. Then slowly, very slowly, the hole impossibly melts its way across the entire length of the card!

The visual impact is incredible! And then the performer HANDS EVERYTHING OUT FOR EXAMINATION! The card, the wallet, EVERYTHING!

It takes 10 seconds to reset this mind-blowing effect and the extremely clever gimmicks do all the work for you!

You can even perform the same stunning effect with your own business card, a playing card or a dollar bill! Deadly easy to do, it's the perfect walk around trick you will do everywhere!

And remember, EVERYTHING CAN BE EXAMINED! Comes complete with wallet, special gimmicks and full-length DVD!

DVD, Case, and Menu: The DVD case is nice, with a hypno pattern on the front. The DVD has the same hypno pattern, and the menu is easy to work through. It has 6 options to click on and it runs for 30 minutes.

Gimmick(s): The box came with two hypno cards, and the gimmick which I won't go into here. I do have to say though, Jay went for quality and quantity here; everything he gives you will last for years, and then you have many more refills to do the effect for more years with! The gimmicks are great and very, very clever. It also comes with a showcase wallet for your business card, which is a total bonus because I needed one because I just got some bussiness cards.

Difficulty: This effect is super, super easy to do. This is as close to self working as a trick can be.

Reset: Reseting this takes about... 5 seconds tops?

The Trick: It is a moving hole; way more visual than any other I have seen. I like the method, which is very versatile, and very clever. Watch the video here: http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48067.

Price: This is 18.50 on Sankey's site, and 21.38 on penguin. Look at it this way; 18.50-10.00 for the awesome showcase wallet= 8.50. And you would pay a whole lot more for the gimmicks anywhere else. Trust me, it is worth it. (But mine was free; I won it from Dustin Baker on Thegeckoforum.org.)

Handlings: The DVD has multiple handlings, including the Playing Card Handling, Dollar Bill Handling, Bussiness Card Handling, Signed Handling, and the Six of One Handling. All are great but my favorites are the playing card and the bussiness card handling.

Notes: Some of you are thinking that this wouldn't fool anyone. Trust me, it does. It FRYs people. I have tried this many time so far, and it is awesome! Remember, you guys are performing for laypeople.

Overview: I rate this a 4.5/5. Buy it, even if you think you know how it is done, for you will not be sorry with the quality or quantity.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results