Mr. Paul Harris

Ah the legendary P.H some say he is a genius, some say he's borderline crazy. However there is no one who can deny that he has come up with some of the most stunning and revolutionary close up magic to date.

My question to you is, of all P.h's close-up material what is your personal favorite.

That's a big question - there really is a lot of material to talk about... my favourites, off the top of my head, would be the Invisible Palm and Bizzare Twist. They're very visual and simple to do. Coming up next, Linking Laces, which is a great impromptu trick.
This is only from my experience - I'm sure he has many more masterpieces that I've never come across.

Aug 31, 2007
California
ONE of the most beautiful close up effects he has created, is leaf.

It can be taken to be very poetic and beautiful. Its simple to do, and really looks like magic. I love it...

Thank you Paul.

Keenan

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
That's a big question - there really is a lot of material to talk about... my favourites, off the top of my head, would be the Invisible Palm and Bizzare Twist. They're very visual and simple to do. Coming up next, Linking Laces, which is a great impromptu trick.
This is only from my experience - I'm sure he has many more masterpieces that I've never come across.

the creator of the Invisible palm was larry jennings. BTW my favorite trick is nightshades..

Sep 1, 2007
Invisible Palm simple to do? Wow, you must be pretty talented...I think it's sodding difficult!

My top vote goes to Bizarre/Cros Twist.

Gin

Oct 5, 2007
Europe
"Las Vegas Leaper" can be a real showstopper. This effect in the right hands makes the spectator scream.

Gin

Sep 1, 2007
Nebraska
My favorite is the first PH effect I learned: RESET. It's very complicated and difficult (with pretty much every simple slight in the effect), but it looks awesome when done well.

Sep 2, 2007
Ah, that'll work! :D
However, what I meant was "What would be a good dvd of his to buy since I don't have any of his material and I would like to get some."

There are two Stars of Magic DVDs at Penguin Magic, each of which contain 3 volumes of material from Paul Harris. They're selling for about $18.00 each, so that would be a good way to start, but I don't have them so I cannot provide any personal recommendations.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 4, 2007
Get the art of astonishment(all three books), i have heard mixed reviews on his dvds but the art of astonishment is AMAZING. Or you could wait until his 12 set dvd version of the books come out in 2008 with brand new stuff by him and being taught by W:H.

Get the art of astonishment(all three books), i have heard mixed reviews on his dvds but the art of astonishment is AMAZING. Or you could wait until his 12 set dvd version of the books come out in 2008 with brand new stuff by him and being taught by W:H.

Yes, for sure get his three volume set of books, Art of Astonishment (AoA). I did not know about the 12 DVD set coming out but will certainly look for it. I have the Stars of Magic DVD's and they are good to own but you will want the books as well. I personally do not find most of Paul jokes on the Stars of Magic DVDs very funny and his patter is not my style either but his effects are great.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results