Muscle pass (anti gravity coin) help!

Nov 14, 2011
I can do the muscle pass but when i perform it they notice that im popping it up. I do not move my hand at all should i to cover up the move ? please help

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Just a funny tid bit. I watched a magician at the Magic Castle perform a perfect muscle pass of about 24 inches high and the crowd could have cared less. I followed the guy out into the hall after his performance and said, "Wow...unbelievable muscle pass!" and he said, "Yeah, magicians are the only ones who care about it or even realize how much time and effort that takes."

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything but most layman just look at it and think, oh...that was neat. You don't really get insane reactions or anything from it.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Just a funny tid bit. I watched a magician at the Magic Castle perform a perfect muscle pass of about 24 inches high and the crowd could have cared less. I followed the guy out into the hall after his performance and said, "Wow...unbelievable muscle pass!" and he said, "Yeah, magicians are the only ones who care about it or even realize how much time and effort that takes."

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything but most layman just look at it and think, oh...that was neat. You don't really get insane reactions or anything from it.

True, all though a good routine and proper timing and misdirection can take something like the muscle pass and make it seem like a miracle. Though this could be stated for pretty much every sleight or effect.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Ironically Rick, i've had the exact opposite experience. I perform the muscle pass quite often. Layman go crazy over it. I use a morgan or a comparable chinese coin and can consistently get it about 2 feet if not greater. I find that by doing it on the offbeat as just a little something, people stop and go "wait.... wtf? do that again". Follow it up with a vanish and you have a great piece of organic magic.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Cool...I'm glad you get some reactions out of it Josh. How long did it take you to get yours respectable height without looking like a "toss" upwards?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
Well i started practicing it very early in my magic experience. I guess it took me about 3 years to get to a foot and to look completely motionless. After that, adding height was just about pushing myself. The lighter the coin the more height i can get.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results