Music For Magic

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Hey guys, i'm planning a manipulation act and i'm searching for some music to go along with it. I know many of you already do stage acts with music so i wanna ask: How do you find music. Do i have to look through iTunes all day till i find the right ones? Or is there an easier way?

I'm mainly looking for music that's upbeat and catchy. Preferably instrumental ones. I dont want lyrics to distract from my act.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Apr 1, 2009
California
hmm... I don't make videos for flourishing. (I don't really flourish in general, may start one day). But, I'm guessing Maksim Mrvica would have some great music for the videos. And, no one else on here is using it. Jump on it.

For more cinematic-soundtrack like music, maybe some William Joseph?

Sep 1, 2007
Thanks for all the advice so far.

I just wanna make clear: This is NOT for a video. I'm looking for music to play on stage during my manipulation act.

Are you making any profit off of this? Because if you are, you need to secure the rights first.

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
The one website that I get all of my magic music from is magitracks.com.

It is completely royalty free, and though I don't like all of the music on there, I find lots of it perfect for my routine.

I think that in your scenario, using Dana Hocking's music would be fine. He's got some great stuff too.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Yeah absolutly!!!
Dana Hocking really knows what he is doing. You cant find anything better.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this statement. There is about 50-60 years worth of rock and roll music that is WAY better than anything he has done.

Opus1 productions has royalty free instrumental stuff for magicians. BOND is a great as is Vanessa Mae for upbeat and classical sounding. Swing music, jazz, and tons of soundtracks.

Sep 1, 2007
It's for a volunteer show. Does that count?

Possibly... If no one is making any profit off of this, then technically it falls under Fair Use. I would still go for a royalties free soundtrack to hedge my bets unless you can ask someone with more expertise in copyright law than me.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this statement. There is about 50-60 years worth of rock and roll music that is WAY better than anything he has done.

Keep in mind we're talking to a crowd mostly made up of people who consider Kurt Cobain to be too old.

May 31, 2008
Did you know Kurt Cobain had two blue eyes?

On blew this way, one blew that way.

If I didn't make Michael Jackson jokes I would be so mad right now. Nirvana is my all-time favorite band. Not very good for magic though.

You should check out beatport.com, they've got a lot of good instrumental stuff.

Sep 1, 2007
Did you know Kurt Cobain had two blue eyes?

On blew this way, one blew that way.

Suicide jokes don't do much for me. Seeing as I've been close to it more than once.

There's some good trip-hop out there if you look for it. Though personally I prefer to work more with syncing action with melody and lyrical themes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results