Music performance with magic

Dec 20, 2018
I'm in a band with one other person, we make our beats and for our live shows he plays bass and I do vocals and switch between playing guitar and keyboard. I've always loved street magic and recently I had the idea of sparingly incorporating some simple magic in my show. For example, coupled with the right lyrics I could play a simple part on keyboard while using flash paper to make fire appear in my other hand. I was wondering if anyone has seen anything like that done before or if anyone had any suggestions/ideas of illusions that would be cool to do.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
My mentor, Ed Ellis, who is a magician and drummer makes the spectators card vanish, then stabs his drumstick through the top of the drum and produces their card. Yep!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Alice Cooper employed "The Amazing Randi" during at least one of his tours, but I think more. They did a Guillotine on stage, with Cooper being the one to get beheaded.

With Pyro I've had at least a dozen musicians contact me saying they wanted to work it into their shows.

So, things like this have definitely been done - the question is can you use it to make your show better?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results