My ACR, suggestions please

byu

Jul 1, 2009
USA
you looked really stiff in the way you would hold the cards during the doubles.
hold one card and try to imitate that with a double so it doesnt look too suspicious

Hm... when I do that the two cards slide apart and you can see both... is that normal?

Dec 4, 2008
The pass still needs a lot of work. It took too long to complete the pass, and there was too much hand movement, but that comes with years of practice. The double lifts need a lot of practice. I think part of the problem was the deck you were using is just too old, but I could plainly see the double card every time. At one point you picked a double off the deck and then you squared the double up with the hand that held the deck. That makes it obvious that there is more than one card there. Try to square the double up before you lift it off of the deck and do it quickly. When you got the break, it was obvious from the camera's point of view that you got a break. Just be careful of that.

Keep working hard at it though and it will get better.

Best,
Joe J

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Okay, so here are a couple of notes.

*Smoothnes, before even attemptin to put the card in the middle like that, work your smoothnes, and by this I mean, see how you grab your deck, grab it gently, love it (haha weird but true) and respect it, learn how to cleanly spread the pack in your hands, but well, that will come in time.

*Your doubles are unnatural, pick a single card, just a single, would you use your whole hand to pick a "card" and show it? learn the good ol push off DL, it will take time but it will do you great, but in the meantime , learn another double that its not that obvious.

*Break's, one of the most important thing when handling cards, it's the way we get our breaks, think about it, people dont usually use two hands to grab the deck, why should you? getting a break with two hands its decent but you need to learn to do a pinky count(kinda hard), or simple push one, or two cards, get your break below and then square up, all under misdirection of you showing the selection, all the movement that I just described is using one hand.

*Passes, I dont know if in the middle you did like a pass, but I really didnt understanded the sleight you perform there, the case it's, you got the card to the top, but the change was kinda expected, I dont know how to describe it yet, but just practice.

Im very glad for you, you actually listened to what I told you and that makes me really glad, I'll maybe post a video later on doing your routine so you can see a little bit more about the things I just tolda ya.

I am in no way a pro, but I still think that you will find some things usefull, keep practicing, you are going in the right way. :).

May 29, 2009
Just saw your video on the ACR, 1 thing that i think you should take note, is that the DL is quite unnatural i suggest you go learn a standard DL or a push off DL, although it take lots of practice but trust me it will look much more natural then the DL which you are doing right now :)

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
ok... allow me to be pretty harsh....
The ACR was awfull
The good thing is you came here to improve which means that you understand how bad the routine was and thats a good start.
1. make your single lifts look like your double lifts or the opposite. when flipping multiple cards it should look esactly like you are flipping over a single
i suggest Aaron Fisher's Card Foundamentals vol2
2. work on your pass a lot!! it takes years of practice to get good at it but its worth it
3. Take all of the above suggestions into consideration and use them to improve your tilt
4. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE..................... and smoothness will come

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Ok first things first, I don't think ACR's work without decent patter, but hopefully you'll already know that.

Secondly, learn a good double lift which is practical, such as a strike double which I use or a push off double, they're both good double lifts.

And also, don't lift the card up so high for the marlo tilt, tilt it up enough so your little finger can snug inside and that's a large enough tilt.

That's all I guess... just practice.

EDIT: also the pass needs alot of work.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Work on smoothing everything out.

Make the DL look like singles and also learn a good practical one as well, as yours were very unnatural.

Breaks are also very important especially in a pass, yours needs a lot of work on both aspects.

Also, don't lift the card so high when performing the Tilt.

V.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results