My and ElisG's Battle!

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
hey, just a quick notice, mine and ElisG's battle (the first ever :D) makes me look like a bit of a pr!ck, as im doing an erdnase to a variation of vertigo, whereas his is the 'official' vertigo..

now me and him exchanged PM's, and he asked if he could do a sybil move to vertigo, so i agreed, and thought i would do my different version, to make it more interesting (but in the end he didnt)...

basically, even though the title is 'vertigo hackysack', the battle should be taken as 'hackysack' (but you can't change the title) as i had already uploaded my video!...

anyway, may the best man win, cheers,

joecarr14

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
i wouldnt call it a fault, he still did well, i just tried to vary it..

i think the reason he did it was because we made it a 1 day entry, so you had to work against the clock ;)

but thanks for voting for me! :D

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
I also voted for you. Also quick side note anyone who thinks they have a better Anything in bottle then me send me a challenge.

-Michael

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Voting has opened for our first battle. Exciting. I wish you both the best of luck and look forward to seeing future battles.

P.S. I voted. ;)

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
oh and if i havent said before, LOVE the new battle system, its clever how the votes arent shown unlike other battles, very exciting, efficient system, best of luck to everyone else's challenges, glad to see there's lots!! :D

joe

Sep 1, 2007
Yeah guys, I was planning on doing the sybil variation, but found that doing the sybil itself is bevels the cards in a way that made it too difficult for me to actually keep the cards square in midair, I also tried it with D+m's Symphony. Same result. So yeah everythings fair in this battle and I totally didn't expect what Joecarr came out with, mad skills.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
yeh, with the 1 day time limit, i had to choose the 1 handed option, i tried to do a double vertigo, one from the outside of the foot to the inside, but without time to practice, i couldnt get it smooth enough...

anyway, thanks for the comment ElisG, and btw, i voted for you in your other battle, good luck with it :D

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
nah, just a more worn out deck, holds together better for a vertigo, the dribble should prove that, and ElisG uses wynns which also hold together well for aerials, just using the old deck to my advantage :)

Jan 31, 2008
its clever how the votes arent shown unlike other battles

Uhm, no, that's not really clever, it would be "more clever" if you had to write a comment to vote that explained why you're voting for so and so and not the other person, otherwise people like me will just vote for their friends without watching the other persons video....

(jk about the last line....)

Sep 1, 2007
nah, just a more worn out deck, holds together better for a vertigo, the dribble should prove that, and ElisG uses wynns which also hold together well for aerials, just using the old deck to my advantage :)

Ya, plus the my wynn deck was also old, so alls fair.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
on the topic of wynns, i got my first deck today (live in england so ya know) and i love them :D, but they are actually like sandpaper when it comes to fanning... :p

Sep 1, 2007
on the topic of wynns, i got my first deck today (live in england so ya know) and i love them :D, but they are actually like sandpaper when it comes to fanning... :p

I found reds are horrible, blues are great, and i'm afraid to open my browns. Lol.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
well i only ordered one deck, and the reds seem to be fine for now, just wanted to see what they were like, and i would be too scared to open browns aswell :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results