My Card Ideas

Hi All

After spending a good fews year in magic (coming up on 20 years), I have spent the last few years tinkering with a few ideas of my own. Today, I finally forced myself to drag out the video camera and film couple of them with a view posting them here for some (hopefully helpful) critique.

Now, whilst I am very comfortable performing for people, performing for a camera without any form of interaction was rather awkward for me, so forgive the slightly lacklustre presentations. Next time I'll have to try and persuade the wife to sit in as a spectator.

I make no claim that any of these tricks are original, but all I can say is that I have developed the tricks you see below over countless hours of tinkering with various ideas. For completeness I have listed my main inspirations below. If anyone knows of any other credits I should check out, please let me know.

A Wild Stab In The Deck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBPDrQKOAfM

This started out as an exploration of the mystery card plot but ended up turning into something else. Forgive the slightly clumsy half pass, was quite hard to pull off without the benefit of misdirection.

3 Second Aces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07rh5V49Qo

This is a four of a kind production I came up with a few years ago whilst playing with the Hofzinser Toss. The presentation was inspired by Michael Ammar's presentation of Derek Dingle's 'Rollover Aces' whilst the rapid fire nature of the location was inspired by Harry Lorayne's 'Halo Aces.'

Pass The Mustard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkGbxag53lw

Inspired by Paul Gordon's 'Hellmans Aces' (itself a variation of Bill Goodwin's 'Hold the Mayo'), this is final solution to a sandwich trick I have been trying to crack for about 4 years (i know, right. Seems obvious now).

So there we go. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

I look forward to everyones thoughts.

Rev

first off, nice work. Some cool stuff there.

I liked the first trick quite a bit, the only thing i have to say is that there are easier method of getting the selection reversed on bottom of the deck.

The second was a four ace production, not really anything to say there.

And the last was pretty good although it doesn't really make any sense.

DABBLE

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
All three tricks were really good. I really liked the speed of the four aces production. You should put them on The Wire as a three trick download.

first off, nice work. Some cool stuff there.

I liked the first trick quite a bit, the only thing i have to say is that there are easier method of getting the selection reversed on bottom of the deck.

The second was a four ace production, not really anything to say there.

And the last was pretty good although it doesn't really make any sense.

Thanks dude, I appreciate the feedback.

Re reversing the bottom card: Could you point me in the direction of some of these 'better methods'? I don't really like the half pass either but given the position the relevant cards need to be in it seemed like the only option. I did try using The Braue Reverse but it resulted in a lot of over handling I wasn't particularly fond of.

Re Pass the mustard: could you elaborate about which aspects you feel don't make sense? Clarity of effect is something I strive for so any detail would be appreciated.

Very much appreciate you taking an interest in my stuff.

Rev.

All three tricks were really good. I really liked the speed of the four aces production. You should put them on The Wire as a three trick download.

Thanks man. I'm giving some serious thought to marketing some stuff but I don't just want to sell junk for the sake of selling, so I want to make sure i take it slow and do it right. I've already sent some ideas off to various magic magazines. Magicseen have taken an interest in a B'Wave style effect which should hopefully crop up in a future issue.

Very much appreciate the interest in my ideas though.

Rev

Thanks dude, I appreciate the feedback.

Re reversing the bottom card: Could you point me in the direction of some of these 'better methods'? I don't really like the half pass either but given the position the relevant cards need to be in it seemed like the only option. I did try using The Braue Reverse but it resulted in a lot of over handling I wasn't particularly fond of.

Re Pass the mustard: could you elaborate about which aspects you feel don't make sense? Clarity of effect is something I strive for so any detail would be appreciated.

Very much appreciate you taking an interest in my stuff.

Rev.

I started writing out how i would do it but figured it would just be easier to film it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T3KEduPLuo&list=UUqBPxDmrzikjB3UvWJcBkNw&index=1 (please excuse the awkward patter and the sloppy handling, i only practiced a few times before filming)

As for "Pass the mustard" i should've been more explicit, the effect is clear but is unmotivated. Why do the four tens appear at the end? just adding a line such as "well i knew it was a ten at least so just in case i had the second one here, and the last two here" would make it a bit clearer.

All in all pretty good stuff

Nov 26, 2013
Hi All

After spending a good fews year in magic (coming up on 20 years), I have spent the last few years tinkering with a few ideas of my own. Today, I finally forced myself to drag out the video camera and film couple of them with a view posting them here for some (hopefully helpful) critique.

Now, whilst I am very comfortable performing for people, performing for a camera without any form of interaction was rather awkward for me, so forgive the slightly lacklustre presentations. Next time I'll have to try and persuade the wife to sit in as a spectator.

I make no claim that any of these tricks are original, but all I can say is that I have developed the tricks you see below over countless hours of tinkering with various ideas. For completeness I have listed my main inspirations below. If anyone knows of any other credits I should check out, please let me know.

A Wild Stab In The Deck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBPDrQKOAfM

This started out as an exploration of the mystery card plot but ended up turning into something else. Forgive the slightly clumsy half pass, was quite hard to pull off without the benefit of misdirection.

3 Second Aces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07rh5V49Qo

This is a four of a kind production I came up with a few years ago whilst playing with the Hofzinser Toss. The presentation was inspired by Michael Ammar's presentation of Derek Dingle's 'Rollover Aces' whilst the rapid fire nature of the location was inspired by Harry Lorayne's 'Halo Aces.'

Pass The Mustard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkGbxag53lw

Inspired by Paul Gordon's 'Hellmans Aces' (itself a variation of Bill Goodwin's 'Hold the Mayo'), this is final solution to a sandwich trick I have been trying to crack for about 4 years (i know, right. Seems obvious now).

So there we go. Hope you enjoy my ideas.

I look forward to everyones thoughts.

Rev

I don't really have much to say other than great job! Loved all three of them! :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results