My Challenge Yourself

Aug 31, 2007
Hey everyone What i wanted to do in this thread is thank theory11. Last Snc was to challenge yourself. Well i didnt complete my challege on time but It doesnt matter to me because i wasnt in it for the prizes . I was in it to prove to myself that i can do things that i am afraid to do.

For my challenge i decieded to finally take my magic and cardistry somewere besides my family and really close friends. On monday of this week i started to perform magic for my school . I got together about twenty to thirty kids every lunch and performed for them. Well yesterday was our schools election for student council. That means that everybody running gets up on stage in front of 200-300 people. As part of my chalenge i had to do a stage performance. This was it. I was beyond nervous. I was doing an appearing flag pole and the flag had my name on it.

The worst thing possible happened... As i was pooling it out of the bag my finger got caught on it and it fell apart and fell over. The audience roared with laughter. It was terrible but i still couldn't give up on my challenge. Today i was about to perform at lunch again and this time instead of 20 there was about seventy people that came to watch. I thought to myself oh no not another disaster. But i kept going everything went absolutely perfectly. I got one of the best reactions ive ever gotten by a boy that was in 6th grade. I was doing peter harrisons connected. The kid absolutely flipped he said "OH MY FRICKEN GOD!!!! and ran away.

My week was one of ups and downs but that one moment when i heard everyones applause i knew it was worth every second. And now im not afraid and im performing at a family party on sunday. Honestly i owe you so much theory11 thank you so much.

Aug 31, 2007
I did a loot of stuff that used audience participation. I did a lot of card stuff that was visual like transpo's that were in there hands and also on tuesday i did a book test with a math book it went over pretty well.

Dec 17, 2007
Canada
Do you have sinful? Because when I was in middle school the had vending machines with cans of snapple it would be an amazing cafeteria trick.

Hey everyone What i wanted to do in this thread is thank theory11. Last Snc was to challenge yourself. Well i didnt complete my challege on time but It doesnt matter to me because i wasnt in it for the prizes . I was in it to prove to myself that i can do things that i am afraid to do.

For my challenge i decieded to finally take my magic and cardistry somewere besides my family and really close friends. On monday of this week i started to perform magic for my school . I got together about twenty to thirty kids every lunch and performed for them. Well yesterday was our schools election for student council. That means that everybody running gets up on stage in front of 200-300 people. As part of my chalenge i had to do a stage performance. This was it. I was beyond nervous. I was doing an appearing flag pole and the flag had my name on it.

The worst thing possible happened... As i was pooling it out of the bag my finger got caught on it and it fell apart and fell over. The audience roared with laughter. It was terrible but i still couldn't give up on my challenge. Today i was about to perform at lunch again and this time instead of 20 there was about seventy people that came to watch. I thought to myself oh no not another disaster. But i kept going everything went absolutely perfectly. I got one of the best reactions ive ever gotten by a boy that was in 6th grade. I was doing peter harrisons connected. The kid absolutely flipped he said "OH MY FRICKEN GOD!!!! and ran away.

My week was one of ups and downs but that one moment when i heard everyones applause i knew it was worth every second. And now im not afraid and im performing at a family party on sunday. Honestly i owe you so much theory11 thank you so much.

That is a lot to say that you didn't want to challenge yourself just for the prizes. Also, it takes a lot to perform for the first time. However, even though your first performance went horrible, I have much respect that you went and tried performing again. The best part is that the second time, you did extremely well.

A piece of advice for everybody:

The hard part about performing is doing it for the first time. After your first performance, most fears go away and everything becomes much easier. I would imagine that most people would agree with me. If you don't, please state why.

Aug 31, 2007
I was thinking about trying that one day but none of the audience would llet me have there soda and i didnt have any mony but i will most likely do it next week thanks for the idea....

Aug 31, 2007
thanks richard that means a lot and i completly agree with you if you havnt tried it try it and if u have and messed up keep trying because in the end it will pay off .

Sep 3, 2007
i perform, then i dont for a few says, then im scared to perform again.

This works if you have all your technique down completely. Enough that you are confident with the tricks and can cleanly pull off the sleights consistently.

Find a close friend and be like "I've been practicing something. Can you tell me if it's good?"

This catches them off guard and is a perfect lead in.

(Don't worry about the line. Just because you tip that you've been practicing, which reveals that it isn't really magic, if you do the performance well enough, they won't care. And you're not insulting them by BSing them either. It looks like you're leveling with them.)

Sooner or later do this with one of you're really popular friends that just can't stop talking. The show off guy. You know which one I'm talking about. Nail this performance and you'll have word of mouth.

This gets rid of you having to approach people which is one of the scariest parts. Because they will come to you. And if you get a big crowd, interact with everyone, mind your angles and everything, but just keep it between the people that were there in the beginning. Just so you won't freak out from how big the crowd is.

And always speak loud.

Dec 22, 2007
This works if you have all your technique down completely. Enough that you are confident with the tricks and can cleanly pull off the sleights consistently.

Find a close friend and be like "I've been practicing something. Can you tell me if it's good?"

This catches them off guard and is a perfect lead in.

(Don't worry about the line. Just because you tip that you've been practicing, which reveals that it isn't really magic, if you do the performance well enough, they won't care. And you're not insulting them by BSing them either. It looks like you're leveling with them.)

Sooner or later do this with one of you're really popular friends that just can't stop talking. The show off guy. You know which one I'm talking about. Nail this performance and you'll have word of mouth.

This gets rid of you having to approach people which is one of the scariest parts. Because they will come to you. And if you get a big crowd, interact with everyone, mind your angles and everything, but just keep it between the people that were there in the beginning. Just so you won't freak out from how big the crowd is.

And always speak loud.

i already have everything down,.......

Sep 3, 2007
Ok then do what i said about performing for friends and getting word of mouth.

The buzz will carry itself and the only people that you have to "approach" are your friends because everyone else will come to you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results