My Gator Boots story

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
So I never make threads but I thought you guys would like this.

I was hanging out with some friends doing a few tricks and everything is going along smoothly. Well as smooth as can be with these guys who are smart asses all the time anyway.

So, I decide to do Lapse and offer to have two of them select and sign a card. One guy writes "Jade sucks" (that's me) the other writes "Kyle blows" (that's my brother). Which admittedly angered me but I play it off like "Aww I love you guys so much". In my head, it has already been decided. So I do Lapse as usual everything goes well, people freak out and all that.

Then I say "okay, I'm going to do one more and that's it" and turn to the guy that wrote "Jade sucks" and tell him to pick a card. I go gator boots on him. Except instead of pelting him with the deck I spring the cards all over his back in a uhh...provocative manner and yell "AWW SKEET-SKEET SKEET-SKEET SKEET-SKEET!". Everyone laughs at the guy, realizes I wasn't doing an effect at all.

But here is the insane part. He's wearing a hooded jacket and one card lands in his hood. He pulls the card out and glances at it and IT IS HIS CARD. Unbelievable.

Just thought I'd share that with you guys :) Anyone else have gator boots stories?

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
So I never make threads but I thought you guys would like this.

I was hanging out with some friends doing a few tricks and everything is going along smoothly. Well as smooth as can be with these guys who are smart asses all the time anyway.

So, I decide to do Lapse and offer to have two of them select and sign a card. One guy writes "Jade sucks" (that's me) the other writes "Kyle blows" (that's my brother). Which admittedly angered me but I play it off like "Aww I love you guys so much". In my head, it has already been decided. So I do Lapse as usual everything goes well, people freak out and all that.

Then I say "okay, I'm going to do one more and that's it" and turn to the guy that wrote "Jade sucks" and tell him to pick a card. I go gator boots on him. Except instead of pelting him with the deck I spring the cards all over his back in a uhh...provocative manner and yell "AWW SKEET-SKEET SKEET-SKEET SKEET-SKEET!". Everyone laughs at the guy, realizes I wasn't doing an effect at all.

But here is the insane part. He's wearing a hooded jacket and one card lands in his hood. He pulls the card out and glances at it and IT IS HIS CARD. Unbelievable.

Just thought I'd share that with you guys :) Anyone else have gator boots stories?

That's awesome! Don't you just love it when stuff happens like that and you don't plan it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results