My Hypnosis Routines...

This was origanally a post in another thread but it seems like a good topic. So here it is...

I just started doing Hypnotism like 1 week ago. I am a great magician and an Okay hypnotist. I decided to test out my few basic methods on 10 people. I did and here are my results:

Unmoveable Arm: In one form of hypnosis, after the volunteer has gone into a "trance" you hold their arm up and tell them that it is like a metal pole and will not move up or down. You say on the count of three they will keep their eyes shut but they must try to mov their arm up. They can't. This worked on 10 out of 10 people.

Unmoveable Eyelids: Basically the same thing as above only here while their eyes are closed they look at the ceiling with their eye balls and can't move their head. In the end instead of their arm failing to move their eyes don't open. This worked on 10 out of 10 people.

Refusal to Release: In this effect the volunteer holds an object while they are in the trance. It may be a spoon, fork, spork, pen, pencil, or marker. They are told that their arm is bionic and it will not release the object. On three they are told to release it. Their hand will not open. This worked on 8 out of 10 people.

Number Forgotten: They forget the number 4. They are then asked to count 1 through ten every time you touch a finger. they say: " ONE, TWO, THREE, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE, TEN, ELEVEN." You ask them how many fingers they have and they say eleven. Now you go backwards. They then remember the number. This worked on 5 out of 10 people.

Name Forgotten: The name says it all. This causes the volunteer to completely forget their first name. You then tell them that they will say it out loud when you snap but immidiately forget it again. They do. Then you count to three and their fine. Worked on 3 out of 10 people.

My own effect: Thin Air: WARNING: THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS AND HAS NOT YET BEEN PERFECTED. I HAVE ONLY DONE IT ONCE TO MY COUSIN. THIS CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE BRAIN IF NOT DONE QUICK ENOUGH. Basically the persons breath thins and on the count of three they can not breath anymore.now you count backwards from three when you hit one they breath deeply. DO NOT TRY!!!!!!!

Those are mine so far.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
This was origanally a post in another thread but it seems like a good topic. So here it is...

I just started doing Hypnotism like 1 week ago. I am a great magician and an Okay hypnotist. I decided to test out my few basic methods on 10 people. I did and here are my results:

Unmoveable Arm: In one form of hypnosis, after the volunteer has gone into a "trance" you hold their arm up and tell them that it is like a metal pole and will not move up or down. You say on the count of three they will keep their eyes shut but they must try to mov their arm up. They can't. This worked on 10 out of 10 people.

Unmoveable Eyelids: Basically the same thing as above only here while their eyes are closed they look at the ceiling with their eye balls and can't move their head. In the end instead of their arm failing to move their eyes don't open. This worked on 10 out of 10 people.

Refusal to Release: In this effect the volunteer holds an object while they are in the trance. It may be a spoon, fork, spork, pen, pencil, or marker. They are told that their arm is bionic and it will not release the object. On three they are told to release it. Their hand will not open. This worked on 8 out of 10 people.

Number Forgotten: They forget the number 4. They are then asked to count 1 through ten every time you touch a finger. they say: " ONE, TWO, THREE, FIVE, SIX, SEVEN, EIGHT, NINE, TEN, ELEVEN." You ask them how many fingers they have and they say eleven. Now you go backwards. They then remember the number. This worked on 5 out of 10 people.

Name Forgotten: The name says it all. This causes the volunteer to completely forget their first name. You then tell them that they will say it out loud when you snap but immidiately forget it again. They do. Then you count to three and their fine. Worked on 3 out of 10 people.

My own effect: Thin Air: WARNING: THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS AND HAS NOT YET BEEN PERFECTED. I HAVE ONLY DONE IT ONCE TO MY COUSIN. THIS CAN CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE BRAIN IF NOT DONE QUICK ENOUGH. Basically the persons breath thins and on the count of three they can not breath anymore.now you count backwards from three when you hit one they breath deeply. DO NOT TRY!!!!!!!

Those are mine so far.

Dylan, I must ask what it is that you studied before you tried these?

-ThrallMind

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I studie many things. Could you give me a more specific question please. It would be great.

Dylan P.

Sure. What did you study, that after about one week, allowed you to figure out how to make someone stop breathing. The concepts to make this possible are far from all the others you have explained. Just curious...

-ThrallMind

Okay. thanks for being specific.

Well, the secret to hypnosis is getting a person into a relaxed state, or a "trance". You will notice that when someone enters the trance their fingers will twitch and they will swallow a lot. Their breathing also will also become deep and slow on its own. Also, I just studied basic hypnosis then came to this conclusion on my own. Like I said though It is still in development stages.

when they are in a trance their mind is generally open and you are basically free to mess with their subconcious. You can suggest to them that slowly their air passage is closing up tighter, and tighter, and tighter...

them thinking that their air way is closing makes them want to swallow more for some reason. They begin to swallow frequently giving them less time to breath. You also keep repeating tighter and tighter... and it's almost closed... and tighter... but it's not a bad feeling you are relaxed... and the air is getting harder to breath. Generally they will jsu believe it within their subconcious and begin to think th air is thining.

You then say on the count of three it will close completely and you won't be able to breath..,. but do not fight it.... you are safe and I'll take care of everything. One, two, ...THREE!!! It is closed. Their mind begins to believe that they can no longer breath air. You can then say that you'll backwards from 3 to 1 and when you hit 1 they will be able to breath onc more and they'll be refreshed.

Basically it's a mind trick. You get inside teir mind and persuade them into not breathing.

Is this an Okay explanation. If you need more just tell me what else you want and I'll write it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
Okay. thanks for being specific.

Well, the secret to hypnosis is getting a person into a relaxed state, or a "trance". You will notice that when someone enters the trance their fingers will twitch and they will swallow a lot. Their breathing also will also become deep and slow on its own.

when they are in a trance their mind is generally open and you are basically free to mess with their subconcious. You can suggest to them that slowly their air passage is closing up tighter, and tighter, and tighter...

them thinking that their air way is closing makes them want to swallow more for some reason. They begin to swallow frequently giving them less time to breath. You also keep repeating tighter and tighter... and it's almost closed... and tighter... but it's not a bad feeling you are relaxed... and the air is getting harder to breath. Generally they will jsu believe it within their subconcious and begin to think th air is thining.

You then say on the count of three it will close completely and you won't be able to breath..,. but do not fight it.... you are safe and I'll take care of everything. One, two, ...THREE!!! It is closed. Their mind begins to believe that they can no longer breath air. You can then say that you'll backwards from 3 to 1 and when you hit 1 they will be able to breath onc more and they'll be refreshed.

Basically it's a mind trick. You get inside teir mind and persuade them into not breathing.

Is this an Okay explanation. If you need more just tell me what else you want and I'll write it.

I've been studying hypnosis for over a year :p

I was just curious as to what you chose to study, or if you just saw some people somewhere do it and tried it yourself. You should also note the eye closure can work in a waking state. Its more biological than trance. The trance just helps to strengthen the suggestion. Also, the swallowing is just like muscle tonus changing, or face symmetry. Its just another phenomena of trance.

I'd be careful messing with peoples main body functions, especially if you have only been in it a week. You haven't read into it enough to know what to do if you end up with an abreaction to your breathing suggestion...

-ThrallMind

I've studied it longer than a week I only really started doing it a week ago. Also, the breathing thig is dangerous and I told you not to try it.

Basically they don't stop breathing. They just try so hard they get little air.

Dylan P.

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I've studied it longer than a week I only really started doing it a week ago. Also, the breathing thig is dangerous and I told you not to try it.

Basically they don't stop breathing. They just try so hard they get little air.

Dylan P.

Of course it's dangerous. I was merely remarking on something similar to handing a gun to someone after giving them lots of theory and a few field tests, and telling them to go to war. Just trying to be helpful and make sure somthing bad doesn't happen...

-ThrallMind

Jun 1, 2008
If you want something dangerous... do this:

Suggest to the subject that their body is now stiff and hard as steel, and their body is locked in their current position....

and just pull back their chair....

INVISIBLE CHAIR!

Nov 26, 2007

Those are mine so far.

I was under the impression that under hypnosis you were unable to go against your natural instincts or do anything you were morally against ???

Jun 1, 2008
Which is why I feel someone with a weeks worth, or any amount for that matter, of actual work should not be messing with someones main bodily functions. Note: Not once did I say that I actually change peoples morals.

-ThrallMind

That, is the unvarnished truth... if you exclude the "Note" that is.

Every hypnotists, including me, have done or wants to attempt changing people's morals for ... creative purposes..

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
That, is the unvarnished truth... if you exclude the "Note" that is.

Every hypnotists, including me, have done or wants to attempt changing people's morals for ... creative purposes..

Well, even therapists do it to speed along change. But, not to the point where someone would change core beliefs.

how long can a post hypnotic sugestion last for?

Depends on what it is, but for the most part, as long as the hypnotist wants.

-ThrallMind

I was under the impression that under hypnosis you were unable to go against your natural instincts or do anything you were morally against ???

Very true but at some points during hypnosis you may be able to trick them into doing something. Holding your breath isn't usually against anyone's standards so it should work. however, stripping and running through hollywood would not do it.

Which is why I feel someone with a weeks worth, or any amount for that matter, of actual work should not be messing with someones main bodily functions. Note: Not once did I say that I actually change peoples morals.

-ThrallMind

I totally agree. This is why I only have tested it on my cousin who is a semi magician nd a hypnotist and decided he waned to see if it would work or nor. DO NOT CHANGE PEOPLES FUNCTIONS UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results