My new effect!

OK I finally came up with my first won effect, I am not sure if it is original but I don't think anyone has thought of it before!
the effect-

You ask the spectator if a bottle on the ground was there bottle
they say yes...
(Its hard to explain even if the bottle is not theirs they say yes through psychology tricks)
it is half full of water, you shake it and say "Ok I want to barrow this can I barrow your bottle?" they say "yes"

you take the cap off and say "Look its impossible to put the cap in the bottle..... .. though the neck.." you then pour a little water out, and bring it back right side up, and push it through the bottom "But no one has ever tried from the bottom.."

you then hand it out for immediate inspection (if required LOL)
start clean, end clean,

its really great I have performed it many many times and gets the best reactions ever! it makes a great souvenir!

any questions or comments?

what should I name it?
and what should I do with it?

People PLEASE PLEASE dont steal my idea...

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
There are many many caps in bottles out there. :)

I know you're almost kinda new to magic, but before running to the forums and jumping for joy about your "new effect" please please please in the future, use google to check for anything even remotely similar.

The only thing this is going to do is cause a massive rant from people who are far too easily aggrivated and far less forgiving.

Someone else with more knowledge on these things I'm sure will link you, but for now I can tell you the idea is not original I'm afraid. Don't let this put you down though, it's fantastic you're being creative and thinking outside the box for effects and methods. :)

Hopefully there's someone who can be more helpful than me on the topic at hand.

- Sean

EDIT: Just some things I forgot to add.

Before you do anything with it. Do some research on other people's effects which are the same/similar, if you think yours is truly unique, send it to a professional you trust and ask for their opinion. They are pro's for a reason and will know of any methodology you may have missed in your research.

If all this is sorted and what you've got is truly unique and original (which, I hate to be brutally honest is highly unlikely - as I said there's a lot of caps in bottle effects) then you can name it if you want and send it to a few people you trust to go out and test it in different environments. Work on it until you think it's the best it can be (I warn you now this is a long and painful process - ask any creator - it can take a good few years). From here if all is well and good you can maybe maybe think about selling it - at this point though, you may wish to keep it for yourself if it's that amazing. :)

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Justin Miller gave me some ideas and came up with a name for it "Low Tide"

Awesome buddy, did he tell you of any other products to look at for research on originality of method?

This should be one of the first things to do when you think you've got a new cool effect. :)

Did you show this in Stickam one night or something? I might not have been there and this makes me sad. :(:p

- Sean

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
It'd be interesting to check out a video for the effect, A big thing these days with tricks of this sort is visual appeal as well as workability of course!

The market is absolutely flooded with coin in bottles and various caps in bottles have been released over the years, a few more recently, but to come up with something that is unique would be great to bear witness to - Look at factory sealed, it looks different to the vast majority of CIB's out and matched up with the workability that's what has made it so successful, that and the power of the big E!:p

Maybe try having a chat with some guys who have cap in bottle effects out currently would do you some good, they're most likely going to know a lot more on the subject than most of us here that haven't really focused on that particular effect!

It's cool that you're having fun creating your own stuff, it's so much more fun to be able to perform something that you know that no one else in the world is probably doing!:)

D.

Awesome buddy, did he tell you of any other products to look at for research on originality of method?

This should be one of the first things to do when you think you've got a new cool effect. :)

Did you show this in Stickam one night or something? I might not have been there and this makes me sad. :(:p

- Sean

No I talked to him on skype..

but yes he showed me something from enchantment, he says my method is unique XD
he told me to look more into it. and to test it emensly on the streets (As I do already)
and I have found some things that work and somethings dont work.. I am still working on it. Ill try to put a video up soon

May 19, 2008
manchester
what about this for a bottle effect (I guaranty know no-one has ever done this, its totally unique and Im giving it to you free:))

okay

so you take a bottle thats about full, say "this is a full bottle yes?" then you take the bottle and pour some out, take the cap and say its impossible to get inside the bottle, then you recap it, shake the bottle REALLY hard up and down and say, so now the bottles half full, shake it again and...

its half empty!

he he

May 19, 2008
manchester
yep, im gonna submit it to E, im SO the next wayne houhin man, hes so cool im gonna be exactly like him so im guaranteed to be an instant succes! actually I like david blaine more so im like gonna now on the street yay!

lol

okay I might actually submit it to E. he he (crossed fingers man)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results