My New Montage

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Honestly, I would give the video two different scores.

Magic peformed (from both a technical and performance standpoint): 5
Video quality and creativity: 3

You mention it being a scene on a promo DVD. To me, that has a professional ring to it, and yet the video quality is quite low (resolution, FPS, etc...). In addition, you are in jeans and a t-shirt.

If you are having fun experimenting with video editing/filming etc... and want to showcase your magic for friends and family, then it is quite good. No problems. However, a Promo DVD? If you are meaning to submit it to business etc... for future employment purposes, than very much low quality.

On a more technical side, you seem to be quite comfortable with your sleights, but some of the shots could have been done better (some of your DLs seemed quite forced and *prepared* so to speak). This is a movie though, so there is no reason why you can't go back and re-shoot the scene and make it flawless.

You are on the right track, and you have some talent in your sleight of hand, so keep working on it. But as for the video, try PMing people like Alan Hagan, Kevin Lo, Tony Chang, etc... for some advice on filming/ editing/ software/ cameras etc... because a lot is needed for a *promo DVD*.

Hope this helps and I wish you good luck.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
Honestly, I would give the video two different scores.

Magic peformed (from both a technical and performance standpoint): 5
Video quality and creativity: 3

You mention it being a scene on a promo DVD. To me, that has a professional ring to it, and yet the video quality is quite low (resolution, FPS, etc...). In addition, you are in jeans and a t-shirt.

If you are having fun experimenting with video editing/filming etc... and want to showcase your magic for friends and family, then it is quite good. No problems. However, a Promo DVD? If you are meaning to submit it to business etc... for future employment purposes, than very much low quality.

On a more technical side, you seem to be quite comfortable with your sleights, but some of the shots could have been done better (some of your DLs seemed quite forced and *prepared* so to speak). This is a movie though, so there is no reason why you can't go back and re-shoot the scene and make it flawless.

You are on the right track, and you have some talent in your sleight of hand, so keep working on it. But as for the video, try PMing people like Alan Hagan, Kevin Lo, Tony Chang, etc... for some advice on filming/ editing/ software/ cameras etc... because a lot is needed for a *promo DVD*.

Hope this helps and I wish you good luck.

Thanks Dude! I'll Keep Workin On it!

I really like most of your effects and some of the reactions were great. On some of them the video could have been a bit more clear though. And my sugestion is to learn another color change rather than the classic erdenase change.

Also, might a recomend some Red Hot Chili Pepper music for your next video?

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I really like most of your effects and some of the reactions were great. On some of them the video could have been a bit more clear though. And my sugestion is to learn another color change rather than the classic erdenase change.

Also, might a recomend some Red Hot Chili Pepper music for your next video?

Thanks For Your Input! I Know Many Color changes Thank You Very Much! lol. I Preform my own erdenase Flawlessly that's why I put it in.

Red Hot Chili Peppers... Hmm. i Will Try It Out, But It seems over used a lot even though they are a great band.

Thanks For Your Input! I Know Many Color changes Thank You Very Much! lol. I Preform my own erdenase Flawlessly that's why I put it in.

Red Hot Chili Peppers... Hmm. i Will Try It Out, But It seems over used a lot even though they are a great band.

You're welcome. You erdanase was good by the way. Oh and about the Chili Peppers, look for their older stuff like: True Men Don't Kill Coyotes, Subway To Venus, Johnny Kick A Hole In The Sky, Grandpappy Du Plenty, Higher Ground, Soul To Squeeze. they are sometimes faster but can work depending on the video.

Or try their new stuff like: Under The Bridge, Snow (Hey Oh), Death of A Martian, Animal Bar, Give It Away, Can't Stop, Scar Tissue, etc.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
You're welcome. You erdanase was good by the way. Oh and about the Chili Peppers, look for their older stuff like: True Men Don't Kill Coyotes, Subway To Venus, Johnny Kick A Hole In The Sky, Grandpappy Du Plenty, Higher Ground, Soul To Squeeze. they are sometimes faster but can work depending on the video.

Or try their new stuff like: Under The Bridge, Snow (Hey Oh), Death of A Martian, Animal Bar, Give It Away, Can't Stop, Scar Tissue, etc.

Cool Cool, Sounds Good To Me!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results