My New Trick

Aug 31, 2007
California
I'm Kind of bored, so I guess I'll tell you guys my new trick idea. Nothing really new, just something kind of cool.

The effect looks like this: You show your audience a gaffed double back card. You hand it around to show them. As they're examining the card, you have some people pick two cards. The first one goes in the middle, and the second goes in as well in the same manner. you have the spectator hand back the gaffed card, and place it anywhere in the deck. with a snap of your fingers, the gaff card comes back to the top of the deck. Then, you show them both sides and split the double backer into the two chosen cards. The audience can now examine the deck, seeing as how there is no double backer in the deck anymore.

C

clarrus

can you like put up a video of you doing it??

Don't forget to e-mail me how you did that trick too........hehe......

Sep 1, 2007
Good work dude, sounds like a good one. It's funny people are saying give me a tutorial or something... well, if you think about it, the trick is fairly simple and I'm sure we as magicians could some up with methods to do it. So regardless, props to you for grabbing come concepts and making them your own :D

Juan.

This seems to be a neat variation of The Ripper by Lee Asher, but a great idea none the less.

If I may suggest something, don't have the double backer rise to the top. Just take it back and then split it... The rise seems to not make much sense and perhaps take away.

Sharp

Sep 1, 2007
I really like your idea. Its not very complicated to figure it out but Im sure it would fool any layman Great idea.

Oct 23, 2007
so you end perfectly cleaned and the audience can examine the double backer? wow amazing can you give us a preveiw or possibly a tutorial

i bet you are one of the ppl on youtube asking if you will trade kaos for axis change!! it is not yours to trade dont be a bum buy it ok now i am done venting.the effect is simply but thats good

Aug 31, 2007
California
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm taking all of your advice into account. Yeah, this trick wasn't really made to boggle the minds of magicians or anything, just a little fun trick to do for my friends. Yes, you do end completely clean, no gimmicked card anymore. As Gatitoxxx said, you can think up a few ways to execute the trick. I might make a video of my performance for an audience, but I might not. Hopefully soon =) Thanks again guys.

Regards
remy

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results