My New Website

Sep 1, 2007
Worcester, UK
Ok, so I was looking around on my old computer yesterday and I found the remains of a project I was working on quite a while ago, and until yesterday it had been forgotton. Its a site where I attempted to Database playing cards and throw in a few tricks and flourishes here and there.

I feel now that I want to publish it to all of you and ask for you to help me build this very basic and primitive site into something we can all use and enjoy. I am not seeking any money out of you and Im not a big money business man aiming for the next Ellusionist.

I hope that you can all see what I attempted to do and what Im going to now continue doing and I am asking if you have any data or Info for the decks please let me know.

THE PRICES AND RATINGS ARE DEFAULT AND NEED CHANGING
PICTURES NEED TO BE ADDED

Its not perfect but its a start, and im asking for all of you to help me in anyway possible.

DJMckee

And without further or do, http://52cardpickup.webs.com/cards.html

Aug 23, 2008
Hia,

Seems like a cool project there, great for collectors.
I'd recommend you doing it in PHP though, if your gonna try to do it all in HTML on a freewebs server it'll be a hell to edit things if their wrong or to add things.
If you make a little script in PHP to add them it'll be way easier to add and edit stuff, and you'll make it easier to imply functions like searching on name, price category, rating, avalability and stuff like that.

If you need any help with that, I'm pretty experienced with PHP, CSS/HTML and Javascript.

Greets,
Thiudreiks

Sep 7, 2007
Hey there!

I must admit, I love the idea. I actually loved the idea so much that I took it to the next level. I contacted my design team and am heading a massive project. We are in an essence doing what your vision is with some minor tweaks. We are going to have a full review system, and integration with our forums so we can get some honest-goodness opinions.

Here are some of our ideas:

-ExoMagic Staff 10-star rating system
-Multiple pictures in shawdowbox
-Sources for reference
-Integrated discussion with forum
-Dedicated forum section strictly for card database
-Advanced search (Search or filter by letter, price, rating, views)
-Prices from highest to lowest with sources. (Option to purchase product at lowest price found from our store if we carry it).
-Wiki-style user edits. Users are able to modify anything that is defined in the text, picture, etc... It forwards to our control panel and we approve, add to it, or deny it.

I know it was your idea, and I just wanted to say a huge thanks! It's something that I would love to see on the internet done, and done right! Would love if you would contact me via private message for further discussion on this. Love to have you aboard this project! :)

What does everyone think? Any features that you would like to see in it? Nows the time :p Be honest, good or bad.

Hey there!

I must admit, I love the idea. I actually loved the idea so much that I took it to the next level. I contacted my design team and am heading a massive project. We are in an essence doing what your vision is with some minor tweaks. We are going to have a full review system, and integration with our forums so we can get some honest-goodness opinions.

Here are some of our ideas:

-ExoMagic Staff 10-star rating system
-Multiple pictures in shawdowbox
-Sources for reference
-Integrated discussion with forum
-Dedicated forum section strictly for card database
-Advanced search (Search or filter by letter, price, rating, views)
-Prices from highest to lowest with sources. (Option to purchase product at lowest price found from our store if we carry it).
-Wiki-style user edits. Users are able to modify anything that is defined in the text, picture, etc... It forwards to our control panel and we approve, add to it, or deny it.

I know it was your idea, and I just wanted to say a huge thanks! It's something that I would love to see on the internet done, and done right! Would love if you would contact me via private message for further discussion on this. Love to have you aboard this project! :)

What does everyone think? Any features that you would like to see in it? Nows the time :p Be honest, good or bad.
Are you that Exo guy from Exomagic?

JDEN

Sep 7, 2007
Yes, yes I am.

However, please keep things on topic. I try to treat every website as if it where mine :)
If you have any questions please private message me.

Thanks!

------------------------------Edit---------------------------------

Could I also get some user input on this? Anything you would like to see? We have over 18,000 playing cards to add and I was wondering if you have any tips or features you would like to see. Since collector and standard will be combined, how do you feel it should be organized?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results