My Own Peek Device

Sep 1, 2010
hey wazzup. i've been putting together my own impromtu peek device but there is one problem...however im not sure if it's a problem :p

do think it would be a good idea to tear the piece of paper out and then close the pad? or just leave it there. if you don't know what a peak device is or how it works, check out psypher. this will tell you what i mean :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHTEbeBS8VI

thanks

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Firstly Psypher is an impression device not a peek device. I know it is not a big deal however they are different.

I personally think the most natural method is open pad write the info tear it out close it up and have it handed back.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
an impression device steals the info like psypher or carbon paper usually it is contained within the writing surface. Where as the peek device is usually something to isolate the information that is actually has a way to peek the info. ie someone writes something on a business card and it is placed inside a envelope. However the envelope is gimmick in a way that allows you to see what was written.

Jul 13, 2009
I still want an other Outlaw wallet...

I personally feel tearing out the paper and having the spectator hold on to what they wrote better then closing the tablet and handing it back. One because it take the heat off the impression device, you are essentially discarding it and making the paper with the, whatever is written on it, the main focus.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
hey wazzup. i've been putting together my own impromtu peek device but there is one problem...however im not sure if it's a problem :p

do think it would be a good idea to tear the piece of paper out and then close the pad? or just leave it there. if you don't know what a peak device is or how it works, check out psypher. this will tell you what i mean :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHTEbeBS8VI

thanks

Hmmm... "new effect/device"?

This same footage can be found on the Paper Crane product by the same name, that I obtained about two years ago. As I said in my Visions column as well as to the team at Paper Crane, more research needs to go into all your "break throughs" in that this and most of the other material sold is the same horse in new pajamas. In this instance (if you're still using the same method I received) it is NOT impromtu and does require two special components that work together... Mike Burger would probably have something to say about this given that it is a Buma Board method of old... I know the late Jack Dean, who I belive was the first to introduce said material to our community, would be too much a gent to say anything.

When it comes to the way the imp device is used. . . I know for fact Bob Cassidy mentions it in his various works (I've used his version for over ten years now) and I do believe Bob credits Al Koran with a similar idea. . . either way, it's a golden oldie when it comes to method, which the material used and some of the handling has changed.

More and more old timers are getting heated up over the amount of "reinventing the wheel" that's going on with the younger generation who is too lazy to do a bit of historic R&D and give credit where it is due. But there is one other issue here that most will not recognize -- the work IMPROMTU

Impromptu/Improvisation is just that, you don't have something special on hand and have to pull a McGyver and use what is on hand. If you need a "shiner" for a peek there are ways of using table tops, watch crystals and a myriad of other environment oriented devices, same goes for impression techniques. So, if we are going to be good "Boy Scouts" and "Be Prepared" try it without a pocket full of gadgets and train your mind to function on the spot -- Mentalists don't rely on gimmicks. . . not as much as magicians do...

Think about it.

Hmmm... "new effect/device"?

This same footage can be found on the Paper Crane product by the same name, that I obtained about two years ago. As I said in my Visions column as well as to the team at Paper Crane, more research needs to go into all your "break throughs" in that this and most of the other material sold is the same horse in new pajamas. In this instance (if you're still using the same method I received) it is NOT impromtu and does require two special components that work together... Mike Burger would probably have something to say about this given that it is a Buma Board method of old... I know the late Jack Dean, who I belive was the first to introduce said material to our community, would be too much a gent to say anything.

When it comes to the way the imp device is used. . . I know for fact Bob Cassidy mentions it in his various works (I've used his version for over ten years now) and I do believe Bob credits Al Koran with a similar idea. . . either way, it's a golden oldie when it comes to method, which the material used and some of the handling has changed.

More and more old timers are getting heated up over the amount of "reinventing the wheel" that's going on with the younger generation who is too lazy to do a bit of historic R&D and give credit where it is due. But there is one other issue here that most will not recognize -- the work IMPROMTU

Impromptu/Improvisation is just that, you don't have something special on hand and have to pull a McGyver and use what is on hand. If you need a "shiner" for a peek there are ways of using table tops, watch crystals and a myriad of other environment oriented devices, same goes for impression techniques. So, if we are going to be good "Boy Scouts" and "Be Prepared" try it without a pocket full of gadgets and train your mind to function on the spot -- Mentalists don't rely on gimmicks. . . not as much as magicians do...

Think about it.

I could be wrong but I think they provided the footage just so people knew what Psyper was if they hadn't heard of it

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results